News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'98 Steamer - Start/Idle proglem

Started by FoothillRyder, April 15, 2015, 08:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Don't think so. If it does, maybe you have to put Seafoam into it to stabilize it.  :ImaPoser
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

No use by date on the can so your good to go
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on May 29, 2015, 10:39:22 AM
No use by date on the can so your good to go

Nothing on my cans other than a batch number either.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

Cheers fellas, looks like a batch of 4 then.

As my bike doesn't seem to suffer as much as some peoples, I didn't wanna end up with a load that gets binned.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Mustang

Quote from: GavD on May 29, 2015, 05:33:40 PM
Cheers fellas, looks like a batch of 4 then.

As my bike doesn't seem to suffer as much as some peoples, I didn't wanna end up with a load that gets binned.
if you are running on ethanol blended fuel , it hurts nothing to use an ounce or so every fill up . it restores the lost volatility of the corn squeezin's that's added
as well as greatly reduces the ethanol's ability to attract moisture .  :nod

GavD

Oh, I didn't realise people added it regularly, I thought it was just to blow the crud out.

Should be here by wednesday according to fleabay, so I'll pop some in wed eve.

Any recommendations for how much per tankful of petrol?

nickjtc

Quote from: GavD on May 29, 2015, 07:40:46 PM

Per Mustang: if you are running on ethanol blended fuel , it hurts nothing to use an ounce or so every fill up . it restores the lost volatility of the corn squeezin's that's added

JayDub

GavD

Cheers JD,   :thumbsup

it's been a long week, couldn't be bothered to work it out myself!! :BangHead

Mustang

Quote from: GavD on May 29, 2015, 07:40:46 PM
Oh, I didn't realise people added it regularly, I thought it was just to blow the crud out.

Should be here by wednesday according to fleabay, so I'll pop some in wed eve.

you won't notice anything if everything is fine and dandy .
regular use helps keep it clean when tigger has to drink ethanol

and even though you can use it all the time , myself just runs a tankful or two or three of the mix thru in the spring time
after that they get run enough all summer to not bother. as it is expensive stuff

JayDub

I thought more than 30 ml would needed for 25L of fuel  :icon_scratch: or is that enough to 'maintain' it, as opposed to half a can to clear/clean the carbs.
Having said that - I'm comparing it with Profi Fuel Max, as Thats all I've used.

GavD

Quote from: Mustang on May 29, 2015, 08:57:12 PM
you won't notice anything if everything is fine and dandy .
regular use helps keep it clean when tigger has to drink ethanol

and even though you can use it all the time , myself just runs a tankful or two or three of the mix thru in the spring time
after that they get run enough all summer to not bother. as it is expensive stuff

:icon_salut: Thank you Sir, I've used some Profi Fuel Max I had lying around this spring on the first couple of tanks of fuel. Seems to be running well at the moment. I'll start with the Seafoam over the winter.

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on May 29, 2015, 09:21:26 PM
I thought more than 30 ml would needed for 25L of fuel  :icon_scratch: or is that enough to 'maintain' it,

Yup, just to 'maintain' you only need a little.

Bixxer Bob

Used half a bottle of Profifuel I had lying around in the Maggot with a gallon of fresh petrol while waiting for the Seafoam to arrive.  It cleared it enough to run with a bit of throttle, took it out for a blast and - after about 5 miles of pops and bangs on overrun and flat spots on acceleration  - it cleared and now starts and runs great.  Happy enough!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...