News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear mudguard?

Started by ssevy, April 24, 2015, 03:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

So...I did about 200 miles in the pouring rain yesterday chasing down a tag, and rode a bunch of farm roads where the Amish live. Consequently, there was an abundance of liquid cow shit :Topes on the roads, and unbeknownst to me, it sprayed liberally onto my back as I was riding. Is there an aftermarket extension or other option to keep the road spray off my back?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

this is the Factory triumph extension , but they are pretty much made of unobtanium now a days .

I don't see why you couldn't get some Kydex plastic (the stuff they make holsters out of )
and form it to shape to fit the rear fender and bolt it on
simple two folds , one on each side

ssevy

Okay, some engineering work ahead I guess :icon_rolleyes:

Mustang

you could try and talk handlebar mustache andy  out of his ............... :ImaPoser

Sin_Tiger

I thought your spell checker had gone mad, then I realised you have a friend with that Nick name  :icon_scratch:

Pyramid Plastics still have them available, a little cheaper by some resellers on eBay.

IMHO Those actually look better than the factory ones which had a very square profile.  If you have any trouble with international shipping, give me a shout.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Psst, Niall -Thats a front one.  :icon_wink:

ssevy

Yeah, I've already installed one of those on my front. No rear on their website?

nickjtc

Or you could bung on a generic rubber mudflap, front and rear....

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on April 24, 2015, 03:34:42 PM
Yeah, I've already installed one of those on my front. No rear on their website?

Sorry about that  :icon_redface: , could have sworn I typed "rear" in the search, just assumed they were using a generic pic.  :icon_scratch:

If you have a breaker locally, might be worth a look to see if you can find a similar shape from another bike that could be trimmed to fit.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on April 24, 2015, 07:53:30 PM
I don't get the pricing? :icon_scratch:
To me that's saying that the kit is not available, but the individual parts which make up the kit are... but the price seems odd -9 quid for a full kit, but 25 quid just for the extension bit  :icon_scratch:

Mustang

sevy,
bike bandit has OEM listed for $40

worth a shot

it lets you put it in cart, so maybe ................................

ssevy

Thanks all. hermy's has the individual parts but no kit.

RJS

Hi Ssevy - am attaching pics of my mudflap - cost zilch. I found an old ford mudflap in the back of the garage with a nice rectangular bottom, cut to an oblong with Stanley knife, shaped top with Surform, so it was symetrical.

Attached under numberplate with two big self tappers.
Polished with Cockpit Shine.
Glued on a Triumph logo laminated at work (laminated paper is amazingly durable !)

The jobs a good 'un.... $40 for a bit of rubber ?!?

Cheers Rodger

nickjtc

Another very neat job.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"