News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touch Up Paint

Started by TR5TRIDER, April 28, 2015, 05:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

I have found a rattle can paint for my "96 Tiger (Pimiento Red?) I think that is the color on the year 1996. It is Rust Oleum Paint for Plastic #248651 Paint for Plastic "Sunrise Red".

Mustang

:worthless

bwahahaha

is it an "exact match" or just "close enough"

nickjtc

Or you can get original touch-up paint from the Triumph dealer which is a perfect match. I have some Pimento Red which is all too useful to make good the ever increasing areas where paint is flaking off.

Because it is like nail varnish with a little applicator brush, you do not have to mask off around the offending area.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Someone told me the tank is NYLON so needs either special paint or primer?

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on April 28, 2015, 08:57:38 PM
Someone told me the tank is NYLON so needs either special paint or primer?
it is

Quote from: TR5TRIDER on April 28, 2015, 05:59:00 PM
I have found a rattle can paint for my "96 Tiger (Pimiento Red?) I think that is the color on the year 1996. It is Rust Oleum Paint for Plastic #248651 Paint for Plastic "Sunrise Red".

TR5TRIDER

Quote from: Mustang on April 28, 2015, 06:15:23 PM
:worthless

bwahahaha

is it an "exact match" or just "close enough"

After clear coating over the Rust Oleum there is no discernable difference on my bike; therefore I call it a perfect match. If your damage is a very small scratch or chip spray a small amount in a bottle cap the apply with a red sable artist's brush, or a nail varnish brush if you prefer.