News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Steamer Tiger Sumpguard

Started by richierich75, May 03, 2015, 06:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richierich75

Being looking for one of these for years since seeing a photo of a Steamer fitted with one in the Triumph catalogue:-

If anyone has one they wish to part with drop me a line.

Geoff W

Rare as hens teeth apparently. Mine has one from when I bought it 14 years ago. I thought it was a fabricated part by a previous owner, but I only recently discovered that it was a Triumph original part. I have never seen another one, and no mine is not for sale. The one in the photograph is much cleaner than mine.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

richierich75

Are there any part numbers on the sump guard?

I wonder if these where made for Triumph by someone else?

I have wondered about if a Honda Transalp sump guard could be adapted to fit?

Geoff W

I have never taken it off so I have not seen any numbers on it. I used to have a Transalp, it is a much narrower engine so I doubt if it would fit. A wiser head than mine thought the guard may originally have come from an Africa Twin, but again it is a narrow fore and aft twin. Then I later found out that was a triumph original  part. You may be lucky and find a new old stock in a dealer somewhere. By the way it interferes with crash bars, so the Jack Lilley type cannot be fitted.
If you want to try some aluminium bashing to make one, I can take the measurements from mine it is a simple sheet, but with some rather complex curves.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

:iagree it has a certain Honda look to it, Vara perhaps?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint