News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Poor Girly Fuel consumption and throttle respose.

Started by oakey134, April 09, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakey134

Finally got a chance to loom at the tiger and I noticed some oil around the bottom nut on the outside right exhaust header. Do you think this could be the source of my air leak? Hard to see in the pick and I already wiped some of the oil off. There wasn't a lot the bike still only has around 3500kms on it. It sat arou d ALOT!

Chris Canning

oakey134

I wiped off some of the oil, there wasn't much to begin with. I will keep sear himg for the elusive air leak.

Bixxer Bob

Oil is most likely coming from the front edge of the cambox and running down.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

I just read back through your threads; check your TPS reset was as per the TUNEECU manual on their website. 

Like the other guys said, tank off and look for fuel leaks (simple stuff first).

Map it to the right map for your VIN number, they're different for a reason.  Follow the TuneECU instructions for mapping to the letter or you'll not clear the trims properly, then you'll be running a fresh map with old trim settings.

Basically, you can eff around for weeks chasing problems, or you can ctrl / alt /del  and set everything back to factory.  At least that way you're starting from a known baseline.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oakey134

Well finally got sometime to dig into this. Took the tank and airbox off, replaced the plugs, checked all the vacuum lines (all were good) but I did notice the gasket around the IACV gasket had a small fold in it. So I seated it properly, put everything back together and took it for a spin and she ran like a champ. For the first time I got to experience this bike the way it was intended. AWESOME! I have now fallen in love with this bike and with only 4500kms on the odometer, there is alot of enjoyment left in this old girl.  :wheel

Bixxer Bob