News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Search and Rescue

Started by Kill Switch, May 02, 2005, 05:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Switch

Check this out guys.  Looking for something to do as a community service, or just in my spare time, I came accross this interesting idea.  Where I live, Sarasota, FL in the US, they have quite a Search and Rescue organization.  After checking the highway patrol volunteers....then fencing and a few other things, I called SSAR (Sarasota Search and Rescue).  Turns out they are interested in establishing an off-road division, in addition to dogs.  Well, I told them I have exactly the right vehicls for those fire trails, etc.  Off-road SAR has been springing up all over the country.  What better idea is there than to use the Tiger for community service and ride!  I will keep you all posted...first meeting for me is in June.  They provide all sorts of training also.

Rick

Mudhen

That sounds awesome...we can cover a lot more ground, faster, than a 4x4 - through lots of terrain, anyway...

So you contacted your local police and they put you in touch with SSAR?

I may start some digging, too.
\'96 Steamer

Kill Switch

Actually, I was going to do some work as a volunteer for the Highway Patrol but couldn't....my rowdy past history didn't help (they do an extensive background check and a lie detecter test....I fessed up about my times in the 60's and 70's) :D .  Then I was going to take up fencing but couldn't find any club locally.  Looking for something else to do I checked the Internet and got in contact with the local search and rescue organization.  I think this is much better for me than anything else.  You should check your area.  Very cool if possible.