News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Staffordshire Triumph Record Ride

Started by Sin_Tiger, July 12, 2015, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Anybody thinking of going? Mr. Mat-Tiger?

Triumph Record Attempt

Link updated, link on the Triumph email was incorrect.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Think you had to register you bike details last week to participate?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Only got the notification a couple of days ago  :icon_scratch: the website is not responding, I'll check it again later.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Link above corrected, there doesn't appear to be a closing date on the registration form and not noted anywhere. All you need is to make sure you take your license.

blacktiger

Sorry but I'm booked in a Fairford for the Air Tatoo.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on July 14, 2015, 01:06:54 PM
Sorry but I'm booked in a Fairford for the Air Tatoo.

Yup, it clashes with a few things. Would be neat if they could pull it off.

I heard a rumor that the last airworthy Vulcan might make an appearance, hope you get to see that, such a beautiful aircraft and brutal at the same time  :icon_eek:

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 14, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
I heard a rumor that the last airworthy Vulcan might make an appearance, hope you get to see that, such a beautiful aircraft and brutal at the same time  :icon_eek:

Yep. It's currently parked at Yeovilton and will do the short hop to Fairford Thursday, I think.
Display list = http://www.vulcantothesky.org/appearances.html Looks like it's up your way 5th, 6th September
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Excellent, Prestwick is just 10 miles up the road from me, I'd be a real shame if I missed that.

There is another mothballed static at East Fortune.

threepot

I missed the Vulcan and Typhoon at the Swansea Air Show on Saturday. But saw the Spit,Hurricane and Red Arrows :icon_biggrin:     Apparently its the last year for the Vulcan?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Yup... last chance to see the vulcan fly.

It flew right over my head one time near Fairford. Scared the crap out of me. So loud!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 12, 2015, 02:06:55 PM
Anybody thinking of going? Mr. Mat-Tiger?

Triumph Record Attempt

Link updated, link on the Triumph email was incorrect.

Sorry Sin, only just saw your post! :wave

I'm already registered to take part in the world record attempt as part of the Stafforshire Bike show on Sunday 19th July  :thumbsup (Registrations closed yesterday 15th July) :icon_sad:

There are 420+ Triumphs registered to take part in the attempt as outlined below.

Parade of Triumph motorcycles
Record definition
•   This record is for the largest number of Triumph motorcycles moving in a parade formation over
a set course.
•   This record may be attempted by an individual or a team.
•   This record is measured in number of participating motorcycles.

It involves riding within two bike's lengths of each other (staggered formation) for just over 2 miles. So should be a breeze..  :icon_cool:

The only fly in the ointment is if someone registers & takes part in the attempt and isn't legal to do so!  :icon_rolleyes:

Guinness will be in attendance (I believe) and will be taking video & time-stamping attempt which will record every single bike that passes the start & finish line. And if any one of them is illegal or more than two bike lengths apart, the whole attempt fails! :BangHead

Should be fun & pass or fail I'll be sure & get some footage / photos and post em up, so wish me luck!  :icon_biggrin:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

I've registered too but haven't had the details through yet  :^_^

Still trying to find a close B&B. Should be a bit of fun.

mat-tiger1

Hi Sin, can't understand why, I got my instructions through on Wednesday afternoon.  These are the organizers' contact details:-  Kevin Wilcox Staffordshire Bike Show Tel: 07508 846446 kevin@staffordshirebikeshow.co.uk
Try dropping him a line or give him a call.  :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

mat-tiger1

Hi All,  :wave help is urgently needed for this record challenge to go ahead on Sunday!  :bug_eye

The organizers have been in touch & need a minimum of 25 Marshall (they have 6 confirmed as I write this) volunteers can either be riders or non-riders & are required to help with the registration, monitoring & control of traffic and help with road closures for the duration of the challenge (approximately two - two & a half hours)  :icon_study:

This is a Guinness requirement for the challenge & without the minimum number of Marshall the world record attempt can't be made.  :icon_cry:

If anyone is interested in taking part, please contact:- Kevin Wilcox who is organizing the attempt on 07508 846446 or e mail him on kevin@staffordshirebikeshow.co.uk

You can find more details of the challenge & everything else that's going on at the show here:- www.staffordshirebikeshow.co.uk

Go pro cameras are welcome & can be used towards the attempt evidence.  :icon_cool:

Hope to see you there!  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Would have loved to help out Mat, but already booked for the whole weekend, doing mate's BBQ Sat then road safety stand at Thetford bike show Sunday
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...