News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Staffordshire Triumph Record Ride

Started by Sin_Tiger, July 12, 2015, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

A few pics from Sundays show & world record attempt. (video link to follow) :thumbsup

Keep an eye out for Sin scratching his crotch again!  :bug_eye

Oh, & many thanks to Sin for the Handpresso produced espresso, It was very impressive & just what the doctor ordered!  :icon_cool:

N.B. I hasten to add that the espresso was made prior to Sin scratching his crotch!!  :nono
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

JayDub

So Mat, how did the attempt go then - was it successful?

mat-tiger1

As promised, link to a bit of video of the record attempt.  :thumbsup

We're still waiting on the official adjudication from Guinness but we should have smashed the old record easily!  :icon_cool:

JayDub  :wave Just had an e mail through to say that we should have confirmation from Guinness one way or the other on Saturday!  :nod
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

JayDub

There seemed to be a lot of "more than 2 bike length" spaces all through that, or maybe it was just the cam angle.
I really wanted to be part of it but was visiting family at the weekend, although I can't imagine being able to keep a consistent pace with the surging problem my bike (still) has - it wouldn't have been fun

mat-tiger1

Quote from: JayDub on July 22, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
There seemed to be a lot of "more than 2 bike length" spaces all through that, or maybe it was just the cam angle.
I really wanted to be part of it but was visiting family at the weekend, although I can't imagine being able to keep a consistent pace with the surging problem my bike (still) has - it wouldn't have been fun

I think (I hope :icon_rolleyes:) that the two bike length business was just at the video check points (they slowed everyone down for those!)

There were quite a few who couldn't help but 'gun it' at any given opportunity!!  :BangHead But it was enjoyable all the same! :icon_cool:

Pity you couldn't make it, you could have partaken in one of Sin's specialty Expresso's!   :icon_wink:

JayDub

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on July 22, 2015, 04:59:17 PM
you could have partaken in one of Sin's specialty Expresso's!   :icon_wink:
I've experienced that contraption already!
Those cups are too Girly for me - prefer a more manly sized mug  :nod
I used to do the New Brighton (Wirral) Easter egg run but it got too big, and too full of posers on crotch rockets doing the same... I ended up spending more time sitting still than riding  :pottytrain2

mat-tiger1

We did it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :thumbsup
After some deliberation Guinness have come back with a resounding yes to our record attempt! :icon_biggrin:
Well done to all that took part!  :icon_salut:
You got your ears on Sin?

Sin_Tiger

Haven't had my official notification yet  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 02, 2015, 12:39:13 AM
Haven't had my official notification yet  :^_^

Nor me Sin!  :^_^ This was posted on the book of faces:-

"ITS OFFICIAL!!!!
STAFFORDSHIRE TRIUMPH STAFF, FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS WERE SUCCESSFUL IN THE GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT AT THE LARGEST PARADE OF TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES YIPPPEEEE!!! WELL DONE AND A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED TO ORGANISE IT AND TO ALL WHO TOOK PART.... WE ARE OFFICIALLY WORLD RECORD HOLDERS.
We will be contacting all who took part with a code for you to go to the Guinness record site so you can send for an official certificate."

So I guess we should see an e mail or something soon!  :icon_cool: