News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Question about 955i crash bars

Started by ds99, August 05, 2015, 10:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds99

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391115532979

Can anyone here look at these for me and tell me if they are in fact engine bars, as they look like pannier racks??

JayDub

They look like pannier racks.... Too flimsy for engine bars .

ds99

I think the first picture looks like some sort of engine bars, but the other two look like pannier racks?

Mustang

Quote from: ds99 on August 05, 2015, 11:14:24 AM
I think the first picture looks like some sort of engine bars, but the other two look like pannier racks?
winner ding ding ding
you just correctly answered your own question

JayDub

ds99

ok, thanks. can anyone tell me the manufacturer of the bars/pannier racks?

Bixxer Bob

Dunno about the pannier racks but the bars are deffo Touratech so the others are probably the same.  I can state that the Touratech bars really do work.  And Chris Canning will tell you that the curved shape avoids "digging in" when sliding down the road at 40mph thus minimising pitchover and major damage.  He sustained only a worn-down crash bar and broken footpeg.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Shame my ribs didn't survive as well  :icon_wink: