News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 Tiger MEET - where?? Who???

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 11, 2015, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on August 28, 2015, 05:06:13 PM
The middle pic looks more like the Llanberis Pass?
Or the A5, Ogwen valley even?

Graham

Just returned from a family holiday in Woolacombe (12 adults, 8 kids and 4 dogs in one very large house).  Very relaxing :icon_confused:
We fought our way home yesterday up the M5 along with millions of other tin cans on wheels, it only took 4 hours back to Bristol :icon_sad:
Going to try and get a day off on the bike in wales on Monday.  Yes I know it's the Bank holiday, but it doesn't matter much over there.  The roads are still pretty quiet.

On another topic, thanks for the Spanish link Spud.  We had a holiday near Malaga last year with friends and are returning early October. My mate Martin suggested we ride down on the bikes which seemed a good idea at the time.  The ferries,fuel and accommodation will cost about 3-4 times the cost of the flights and I am not sure looking at the maps that it's going to be a nice ride.  We plan about 2-3 days to ride down from Santander.  Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Graham

John Stenhouse

Pick the road less traveled and enjoy, it's possible using the motorway to do it in a day but it's not great fun
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Graham

Yes, thanks John, we intend to take the smaller roads. Just wondered if anyone in the forum had done the ride and could make any suggestions.
By the way, I bought a new centre stand. Getting it fitted next Friday.
Cheers
Graham

Bixxer Bob

Guys, I let the brakes off on banter until we get nearer the time, but you're pushing the limit.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

aesdj

Ireland would be my first choice but I'm good what ever is decided. What we thinking on the ferry crossing, couple of hundred quid?

John Stenhouse

Good question, I'll have a look and report back.

John Stenhouse

Holyhead to Dublin today which I think is still high season £55 and return is £50 in two days time. That has no accommodation and is just from a quick google

John Stenhouse

Same quote for Pembroke to Rosslare, again no accommodation. Fast boat seems to be £70 each way. Oh and the Pembroke is a four hour crossing

John Stenhouse

Holyhead is a three hour crossing, I might have a look at Stranraer to Belfast for ST.

John Stenhouse

Ah it's Cairnryan orTroon  to Larne up there and is £60 each way a two hour crossing.

JayDub

Holyhead, £55 is what I came up with, The only thing about Ireland vs Northumberland for me (depending on where in Ireland we stay) is, less riding time on route  :icon_frown:
Its about 4.5 hours from here to Northumberland and 20 mins to Holyhead! - but that's just me being selfish  :bad... then again - most of that would be motorway  :Topes

Nick Calne

Jadub ... Ride to Pembroke or Stanraer to keep things interesting.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Funny I was thinking of riding to stranraer as a sort of prelude