News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer parts wanted

Started by AlienFing, August 15, 2015, 01:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlienFing

I'm looking for a luggage rack (original) and the two small side panels/covers that go either side of the air box, colour not important. PM me or comment if you have anything.

Cornwall, UK but willing to pay postage costs etc.

Thanks.

nickjtc

If in doubt default to eBay.... especially .com where there is often a plethora of stuff.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

It's not the bonniest looking thing but it's straight and should scrub up OK.

There is a nick where I think a previous rack plate has rubbed, a wee weld would sort that our just some filler,  the corrosion is just superficial. I think Hermes would deliver for £5-6.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

AlienFing

Yes please to the rack Sin_Tiger. Let me know how much you want including postage and I will arrange something, I have paypal.

I'm sure I can give it a smooth over and get it powder coated. Does it come with fixing bolts or will they still be on my bike? Thanks.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: AlienFing on August 16, 2015, 02:35:21 AM
Does it come with fixing bolts or will they still be on my bike? Thanks.

They bolts might be there (M8 x 15 I think) but I'll put some longer SUS machine screws I have to hand in with it, I'm sure you can hacksaw them down to length. Karmapal will do fine, just PM me your address.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

AlienFing

AlienFing

Massive thanks to Sin_Tiger for the rack, bike looks much better now. Just need to keep an eye out for the two side panels/covers now.

I may just make something up myself from thin steel or something!

Nick Calne

A few years back there was a guy making fibre glass ones and selling them on ebay... maybe worth a quick check.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

AlienFing

Quote from: NickVladivostock on August 21, 2015, 09:29:53 PM
A few years back there was a guy making fibre glass ones and selling them on ebay... maybe worth a quick check.

Ok cool, I'll take a look thanks.