News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain Rub?

Started by Grambo, September 22, 2015, 04:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Joe's right all along.  I use DID chain but there are other good makes out there too.  The 19T front sprocket only makes a slight difference to acceleration but drops the revs about 600 rpm in top so it really depends on what sort of riding you do and choose based on that.  If you do the airbox mod at the same time you'll not get any drop in acceleration.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Grambo

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 23, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
Joe's right all along.  I use DID chain but there are other good makes out there too.  The 19T front sprocket only makes a slight difference to acceleration but drops the revs about 600 rpm in top so it really depends on what sort of riding you do and choose based on that.  If you do the airbox mod at the same time you'll not get any drop in acceleration.

Wow...a lot to consider. What is the airbox mod like? I just installed a K&N filter and like the results thus far.

Grambo

I do a lot of riding in the mountains..we have few straigaways up here to really open her up. I cruise around 60-70MPH regularly...only had her up over 100MPH once or twice and then I run out of room! lol

Not sure I would benefit much from the 19T? Thoughts?

Mustang

you won't like it for our NH roads ....................

JoeDirt

Quote from: Mustang on September 23, 2015, 08:48:21 PM
you won't like it for our NH roads ....................

Yea, I would listen to Mustang. He knows New Hampshire and 19T sprocket better than most. :notworthy

If you like the original 18T don't go 19T. This would have been your chance to change.

Bixxer Bob

I agree, 19T makes sense to me because I do a lot of long miles, but on other roads where you're up and down the box a lot, its a waste of time.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

looks good , chains are like oil and tires .......everyone has a personal favorite .
Stick with a brand name like your link , or others like RK , EK , DID etc .
stay very far away from the cheap ebay chains , they are not even real m/c chains

Grambo

Quote from: Mustang on September 24, 2015, 06:54:41 PM
looks good , chains are like oil and tires .......everyone has a personal favorite .
Stick with a brand name like your link , or others like RK , EK , DID etc .
stay very far away from the cheap ebay chains , they are not even real m/c chains

:thumbsup