News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crappy Headlights

Started by Grambo, September 09, 2015, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

as someone gave me the idea here, I washed the inside of my headlamp.  OK I do a lot of gravel roads but it is surprising how much dirt can get in. I filled it with water and soap, put a few paper towels in and move it around to be sure it wipe everywhere.  In may case, it made a good difference.  I'll fit 4000lm led bulb in. will post picture soon.

Grambo

Quote from: klingklang on October 06, 2015, 02:03:53 PM
as someone gave me the idea here, I washed the inside of my headlamp.  OK I do a lot of gravel roads but it is surprising how much dirt can get in. I filled it with water and soap, put a few paper towels in and move it around to be sure it wipe everywhere.  In may case, it made a good difference.  I'll fit 4000lm led bulb in. will post picture soon.

Couldn't figure out how to get the lenses off. They had three black clips that seemed to hold it in place. I popped them off but was still unable to get the lenses off. ??

klingklang

QuoteCouldn't figure out how to get the lenses off. They had three black clips that seemed to hold it in place. I popped them off but was still unable to get the lenses off. ??

I did not remove the lens. I took the whole assembly and removed the bulbs.  Fill it with water and soap and put some scott towels in.  With your finger in the hole  :icon_redface:, you grab the paper and turn it around. remove everything and rinse it with hot water and let dry.

Grambo

Quote from: klingklang on October 07, 2015, 02:43:07 PM
I did not remove the lens. I took the whole assembly and removed the bulbs.  Fill it with water and soap and put some scott towels in.  With your finger in the hole  :icon_redface:, you grab the paper and turn it around. remove everything and rinse it with hot water and let dry.

Oh...ok got you
I was driving myself nuts...lol. Those retainer clips do nothing apparently. I will try that next season
Thanks for the tip
Chris  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Did the soapy water come out pretty dirty?  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

klingklang

a little bit, more obvious on the wipe.  To check before, I've pass my pinky inside and then I saw trough the lens the trace I left in the dusted reflector