News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2015, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Smilies work fine on Explorer on W10 but not in Edge. 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

iansoady

Quote from: NickVladivostock on September 11, 2015, 05:54:11 PM
Ian, I think the ugrade to windows 10 is free. Maybe try chrome with incogneto browsing then it's private as you like. And free and it works as far as I can see.

Not from XP, and it won't support my Office 2003. The main thing I use that for is Access databases which will run fine on later versions of Windows but I can't use them for developing.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

JayDub

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 11, 2015, 11:57:59 PM
Smilies work fine on Explorer on W10 but not in Edge.
Is it a Flashplayer thing Bob? some less popular browsers don't support it... try Opera.

Bixxer Bob

Dunno mate,  they still work in Explorer, and "Edge" is Microsoft's latest and best so I would expect it to be ok.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

Sometimes Adobe (Flashplayer) are slow to keep up with advances, and typically, there is no alternative for playing flash content... thats why I stopped using Ubuntu OS
Try updating Flashplayer, but Firefox is a better browser and not built to 'mine data' like google and micro$oft browsers - I just won't trust them  :nono