News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Well, that's a bit embarrassing...

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 25, 2015, 06:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

:icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: A lot actually;  I filled in the Ride Magazine questionnaire that they sent out to Girly owners on their database last month.  A lot of what I said has ended up in the November issue article about buying a pre-loved 955i Tiger.

They've been very kind though, listing their foibles whilst noting that owning a Tiger tends to be a long-term thing because most owners love them.

One quote (not mine) regarding riding style and worth repeating was that if you: "Point and squirt like a sportsbike and you'll be lurching from corner to corner like a baby giraffe on a trampoline"....  It then goes on to explain how to ride a Girly in order to get the best out of it  :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I did the same with the Roadie, they branded me a serial Trumpet collector :hat10 I just kept quiet about  :augie until now :^_^

We should start a rogues gallery of named and shamed.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

In the mob it was called "Crated" in that if you got your name in the paper or any other official publication, or - worse - your picture you had to buy a crate of beer.

And before you ask,  :nono   

Nick Calne

Too late for that Bixxer. We'll see the crate at the next tigertriple meet.

You need not worry though, if we go to Ireland and Moorso turns up he's probably got more than one crate to buy!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?