News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TEMPTED IN CANADA

Started by MADDOG, May 06, 2005, 02:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MADDOG

Hello Everyone.

What do you think of a 2003 Tiger? The dealer claims it's new. They want 11.300 USD(14.000 Can$). It comes with side bags.

Or should I go for a 2005(British racing green hmmm)

I'm quit tempted. Please give me some feedback

Thanks muchly.

Best of luck      MADDOG

You're never fully prepared until you're prepared to eat

your nieghbours cat!
You\'re never fully prepared unles you\'re prepared to eat your neighbours cat.

ChrisN

MadDog,

I must tell you I'm very biased, so go for the new 05 BRG !! they come with matching bags too.

Ok if I'm spending your money, at least tell me how much more the new one costs ?
Chris

Kill Switch

Quote from: "MADDOG"Hello Everyone.

What do you think of a 2003 Tiger? The dealer claims it's new. They want 11.300 USD(14.000 Can$). It comes with side bags.

Thanks muchly.

Best of luck      MADDOG

your nieghbours cat!

That seems to be a very high price.

MADDOG

The 05 , according to the salesmen starts at 15000 Can$

near 12000 USD or 6360 GBP without bags. And I'll probably have to wait for delivery. Is this a fair price for the 05?

Is 14000Can$ 11300 usd or 5930 GBP fair for the 03?

Are there any significant changes to the Tiger between 03 and 05(perhaps 06- I read that they are putting the 06 out early)?

Damb the bike is tall. I see a couple blurbs about frame sliders. So I guess a lot of falls happen regularly.

Hey Chris in what way are you biased?

I really want the bike! How about you American Tiger riders how expensive/available is maitenance?

Best of luck      MADDOG

Eagles may soar    

But

Weasels never get sucked into jet engines

Brock

It depends on the price of the BRG '05.

If there's a big difference in cost between that and the '03 get the '03.

Me? I'm biased too, and I prefer the older, spoked version with the black chassis and eccentric chain adjusters.

Whichever you buy you won't regret it.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

cbxtc6

That price seems VERY high.  You can regularly see low mile 2003 and 2004 Tigers - well equipped - for ~$6k USD on ebay.

newmanr19

Quote from: "MADDOG"Hello Everyone.

Thanks muchly.

Best of luck      MADDOG

your nieghbours cat!

That's way too high IMO. I bought my 02 Tiger (new <500mi) last year with bags for $8900 US ($9800 out the door)

Speed3guy

New 2005 Tigers are listed at $10,500 in the US including bags.  My dealer threw in heated grips and the Triumph Performance pipe for free.

Guy

ChrisN

I'm Biased because I ride an 05 BRG  :lol:

I can't comment on fair prices in Can$, but at just 8% more for the latest model in all honesty (and assuming you can afford it) I think I'd go for the 05 BRG.

Good luck and let us know which way you go.
Chris

klingklang

I'm canadian and bought my tiger in USA. Price so fair !!! Maybe because triumph  are rare bird around here.

marko

That is a very high price.I bought my 05 here in Ohio for 9499.00
\"Get on your bad motor scooter and ride\"

WildeKurt

I paid 9,500 USD in Chicago last July for my '04 with bags and some goodies like heated grips, center stand etc. thrown in at cost.

An '03 may never have been titled and can be claimed as new, but soon as you ride away on it, it's three years old as far as depreciation goes.

I prefer my '04 to the '05's which is why I bought it:  Spoke rims and the chain adjuster is the slickest in the business.  Can't imagine why they did away with that.  Far as I know there's no diff. between the 03's and 04's.  The '05 has different steering geometry which is said to improve handling.  That said, I'm happy with mines handling.  Any way you look at it, they're great bikes.

Kurt

Dick Boyer

You should be able to pickup an 03 new in Canada for around $12000. Bought my new 04 for $14000. last year. The 04 and 03 are the same and more dirt worthy than the 05. In 05 Triumph surcum to preasure from the buying public to go more street oriented. Too bad cause street bikes are a dime a dozen. Here in Canada we have millions of miles of dirt and gravel roads to play on. I think the European market is different with a lot of small paved roads. So go for the 03 if you're planning more off road and the 05 for street.

MADDOG

Thank you all 4 the replies. Looks like I should only pay around 12000 Can$ for the 05.  Noone mentioned the repare/maintenance costs.

How much are you paying for an oil filter?

To talk these guys down to my price is going to take a while. so I'll have to ride my CB1 across the country (close to 500Km one way)

Wish my luck.

All the best    MADDOG

Dick Boyer

Let me know where in Canada you can get an 05 Tiger for $12000. I want to buy one.