News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not something you see every day....

Started by nickjtc, October 13, 2015, 04:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

..... in the Canadian back country.

Was out for a dualsport ride on a beautiful sunny Autumn Saturday last weekend on the XR650. Funny grinding noises from the back of the bike all through the ride turned out to be a collapsed rear wheel bearing, but that's another story.

Anyhoo, we got lost on a landing back road and came upon this:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Thats what happens when you cut people up! - road rage :nod

iansoady

Looks like something we saw a couple of years ago when on a motorhome holiday in the wilds of Colorado & Wyoming.

For some reason I kept hearing banjos..........
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

motoOzarks

I was a fedex home delivery contractor for a while here in the sticks of south west "misery" for a while.  I did a 300 mile a day rural route through parts of Mark Twain National forest and I delivered to people who lived in campers, tar paper shacks shingled with cut and flattened beer and soda cans, and even a couple tree houses (seriously).
There were other normal folk as well.
One day I found myself down a dead end road (trail) and when I got out I noticed as I walked my foot steps made an odd sound.  I couldn't see the ground because I had a box in my hands.
When I headed back to my van I could see the entire area around the house was a couple inches deep in spent shell casings.  Most of the trees were see through and old vehicles were riddled with holes.
Sorry no pic.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

nickjtc

Quote from: motoOzarks on October 13, 2015, 11:18:51 PM
I was a fedex home delivery contractor for a while here in the sticks of south west "misery" for a while.

The kind of place where there aren't many branches on the people's family trees? Where the kids refer to the man of the house as Uncle Dad....??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"