News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Original or Alternative Steamer INDICATORS !

Started by Danwarb, November 03, 2015, 05:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

if sin cant help you out. i might have one in the cellar. ill take a look tmora  :icon_wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Danwarb

Hi guys,

As I only needed to replace one indicator I was going to settle for a brand new one for around £50 with delivery but I called Sprint Manufacturing and the guys there had a steamer they where breaking down ! Happy days ! The rear left one was available so that'll replace my front right indicator ! It's in the post to me.

Happy days.

Thanks for all your posts here. I'm sure it'll come in handy for any one else in the same situation as me.

:5moped
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

Sin_Tiger

Sorry I couldn't manage anything sooner, everything is under piles of Range Rover bits at the moment  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

the one i gots chrome plated so cant see ya wantin that one
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: rybes on November 15, 2015, 06:49:21 AM
the one i gots chrome plated so cant see ya wantin that one

I'e got a couple of chromed casings, haven't quite figured out what they came off yet, possibly a T'Bird or an Adventurer. Can't imagine anybody wanting a really bling Steamer, unless there's still a Gold one about somewhere  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fishnbiker

Buy any 2 that match each other & keep the other for a rear spare.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 26, 2015, 06:28:42 PM
I'e got a couple of chromed casings....

Hmmmmm. Maybe I should get a set to match my nice chrome handlebars. :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

JayDub

nickjtc

Sin_Tiger

Swede1

Quote from: Danwarb on November 03, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I was zapping along a bit too quickly as usual and this lady 'U' turned in front of me to drive the same way. I hooted as much as I could while yanking the brakes on but neither of us stopped in time, a massive crunch and I managed to skip over my tiger as she fell to the left and I landed on my feet like a cat !  :ImaPoser

Her bumper was virtually completely torn off and her front left head light smashed. My bike . . . Just the front right indicator smashed and a few scratches to the body on the other side. Love it !! We chose to part ways and cover our own costs as it was both our mistake.

So . . . I'm looking for a replacement indicator. I'd love an original or a good copy. Where could I get one from?

Alternatively I replace both the front indicators with some thing newer or slightly different but not too different that they look too dissimilar from the rear indicators.

What do you guys suggest?

Cheers,

Dan

:ear

Hi Dan!
I found some cheap (but good looking )
New ones on ebay. They are smaller and fits the Steamer even better! The only problem is that they are'nt completely waterproof? But with some silicon or similar between the lens and lamphouse... 😊
Bricklayer who loves bikes, beer & women! 😉