News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox question

Started by NortonCharlie, May 08, 2005, 07:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

On the 955 Tiger, Is there supposed to be a gasket of some sort between the airbox and the idle motor.  I've got mine apart now. and there is nothing there, it looks like a good place for dirt to enter the motor.  There is a groove around the base of the idle motor were it contacts the airbox.

I would like to get it back together today so a quick response would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Chris Canning

Hi NC

Do you mean were the triangular cut out is in the air box on the left side,if you do there's, a triangular foamy/rubber thickish gasket that on.

Chris

NortonCharlie

Chris

Thanks,  That is what I am talking about.  Mine doesn't have anything on it.  I wonder how long it's has been gone.  I better run a compression test while it is apart.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

tomla

take a look at your plugs, too.  That may give you a tip if you've been running in the dirt a lot.  Otherwise, you're probably going be fine, the airbox has a reasonable amount of protection at that point....how did it idle?  Wondering if it hung up around 1800r before settling down on decel...

NortonCharlie

Compression is good at least equal across the 3.  Plugs had only been in about 4000 miles and looked fine (a little rich maybe).  I put in new ones because I could't get new crush waqshers.  No problems with the idle hanging

I used a little silicone form a gasket till I can get a new gasket.  I oiled the surfaces so I can get it off easily next time I have it apart.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando