News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

R/R toast...where to get a new one?

Started by Cos, November 10, 2015, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen. It's toast. Soooo...help me out guys. What do I get and where do I get it from? Shipping is important since I'm in Cyprus so I need someone who ships here.
Unless one of the Brits is coming for a bit of a holiday  :augie

Sin_Tiger

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/ they ship most places it seems. BB will probably be along shortly with more detailed Girly specific advice.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JoeDirt

There's a Triumph dealership on the next island over. (see map below)

:occasion14

Cos

I'll just row over there and pick something up then.  :icon_lol:

It's actually easier to work with online vendors in the UK than dealing with the Greeks. Besides, from what i've seen i should probably replace it with something better. I'll check out the Electrexworld link. Thanks guys.

Brother Number One

Replaced mine a few weeks ago
http://sawthingsclearer.com/2015/09/12/tiger-at-7000-miles/

Triumph part is expensive and probably not as good as a MOSFET (different technology) alternative. I had no choice but to get a triumph one.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Cos

I must be missing something here...which is nothing new for me. Why the "no choice"?

Mustang

<click here>

this should explain why no choice
major road trip

Bixxer Bob

Got a PM from Cos and am already on it.  Electrex World don't list the MOSFET any more so I've emailed them to ask why and what the suggest.  Once I have one I'll post it to Cos as I've done this before.

If anyone can save me some research time and look up the "other bike MOSFET" possibilities it would help;  I'm knee deep in funeral arrangements here...

I think I can remember a Yamaha R1 being mentioned but can't find it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Cos

Quote from: Mustang on November 11, 2015, 06:58:03 PM
<click here>

this should explain why no choice
major road trip

My brain must be turning to mush if I missed that...

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 11, 2015, 08:06:02 PM
Got a PM from Cos and am already on it.  Electrex World don't list the MOSFET any more so I've emailed them to ask why and what the suggest.  Once I have one I'll post it to Cos as I've done this before.

If anyone can save me some research time and look up the "other bike MOSFET" possibilities it would help;  I'm knee deep in funeral arrangements here...

I think I can remember a Yamaha R1 being mentioned but can't find it.

Probably the Shindengen RR Upgrade, worth doing if you can find one, I have one on mine and Triumph do an additional harness for about £5 which makes it plug and play.

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Where did you get the Shindengen one from HB?

Cos messaged me this morning to say his battery isn't taking a charge so I've advised  he replace that first, he may be lucky and not need the RR.

Chris, thanks for looking up the links, the 919 from Electrex world doesn't have the purple lead so I assumed it's not the MOSFET one as they used to advertise both??

EDIT:  I've just looked again at the 919.  I see it now connects direct to the battery so in fact does the Sasquatch mod for you.  It could also have the sensing built into the RR rather than a seperate wire.  Iawait EWs reply.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Bix

Shouldn't be doing this and going off at a tangent!! While I realise there's tons of info about having a good battery I've found that I get a better response with the 12 minute tune when I have had the battery on an Optimate and I'm talking a relative new one.

What I will start another thread on is lithium,I've had one on my 660 for nearly 2 years and while the Yuasa on the tiger isn't all that old you still get that slight hesitation where as my 660 is press the button and boom so I'll put a lith on in the new year and then do a post.

Bixxer Bob

We can wander off now Chris, Cos and I have been swapping messages all morning and he's off to buy an Electrex RR.  I noticethe new one has effectively incorporated the Sasquatch mod because it connects with thick wires straight to the battery missing out the loom completely.

I've not tried Lithium, but I do have a 12v gel battery off a kid's electric toy scooter on my Yam.  Ok, it deoesn't have to crank because it's kickstart only, but it holds its charge much better than acid batteries and so far I've not had any problems.

Looking forward to your Lithium thread  :new_popcornsmiley

Chris Canning

I actually bought my first Optimate lithium charger last week it doesn't strike me as an exact science but that's the fun of it  :icon_biggrin:

What I do like with the lith batteries you get a button on the top of them that you press and it gives you the condition of it.