News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

best way / place to find a replacement diaphragm - 98 Keihin carb

Started by stfontaine, April 19, 2016, 05:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stfontaine

Hi :)

My 98 tiger is in pretty bad shape and one of the carb has a large hole in the diaphragm / membrane (keihin).
This part is pretty expensive here at my local dealer in Canada.

I live near the border of Canada / USA (30 miles / 50 km) from Vermont and it's easy for me to have stuff shipped in USA and to bring it home.

I'm open to suggestion to find a replacement diaphgram :)
I'm looking to replace it as I don't think fixing it can be a permanent solution.

Any suggestion ?
Do you think this item on eBay is a good solution ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-Keihin-CVK-36-Membrane-with-Piston-New-Genuine-Made-in-Japan-/121891067010?hash=item1c61461482:g:9uAAAOSwUuFWvFEZ&vxp=mtr

Steph.

nickjtc

In my experience they last a long time. Yes the oem part is more expensive, but at least you know it will be a perfect fit.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

the oem parts are only 70 bucks at bike bandit
that ebay one for 69 dollars is most likely for a harley and odds are the cut away notch won't be right

get the one from bike bandit

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"