News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 Ride Plan

Started by nickjtc, November 29, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Since you lot on the other side of the pond are not coming over to hereabouts next year, by the looks of it, I suppose I will just have to do a big US trip for you. :icon_wink:

I have started planning for a ride from here, diagonally across the US to Florida, taking in the Little Bighorn Battle Site, the Devils Tower, the centre of the contiguous 48 states and the infamous Deals Gap.

So if any of you stalwart chaps live close to my intended route (if you look at a map it is pretty much a straight line from here in British Columbia through my intended stop-offs, to Florida) let me know and we can meet for a coffee.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

Sounds like a nice plan, enjoy!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

I've a couple of cousins in the US that I have met, I was planning not to tell them I was coming  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

motoOzarks

Are you going back through US?  Point thru Arkansas on your way, you won't see it all no matter which way you go.

Place to stay or wrench or have tires ready or spares here if you need.

I'll check my cabinet for some chrome polish, no promises.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

nickjtc

Quote from: motoOzarks on November 29, 2015, 10:11:04 PM
Are you going back through US?  Point thru Arkansas on your way, you won't see it all no matter which way you go.

Place to stay or wrench or have tires ready or spares here if you need.

I'll check my cabinet for some chrome polish, no promises.

Thank you for that. I might take you up on the offer, since I do not know what state my tyres will be in on the way back.

Chrome polish....???? Oh, I get it, you're being a bit cheeky about the wondrous handlebars on the bike. :ImaPoser

benebob

How are you getting back?  Same straight line?  Spend an extra bit of time in the Black Hills. 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

nickjtc

Quote from: benebob on December 26, 2015, 06:23:02 PM
How are you getting back?  Same straight line?  Spend an extra bit of time in the Black Hills.

Hmmm. The ride back is still "to be decided". I have a cousin, who I have never, met who lives in Pennsylvania, and the original plan was to head north from Fla to there, and then west through the northern States. So the Dakotas would be on the list.

I have not heard from him so the other option will be to head west through the southern states (which will be warmer) for a visit with my son and grandkids who live in Redondo Beach. Then north and east through Death Valley and up through Utah.

It looks like Gerry, my riding buddy who I went to Alaska with last year, is going to join me so there will also be his 'places to visit' list to take into consideration.

Planning is almost as much fun as the ride itself.

nickjtc

JayDub

An easy one Nick - just take the one with the most twisties  :icon_biggrin:
We'll be waiting for your r/r  :nod

Sin_Tiger

So you got the gear indicator sorted then  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 21, 2016, 02:24:01 AM
So you got the gear indicator sorted then  :icon_scratch:

Erm....................no. It sits languishing on the bench waiting for me to work up some creative enthusiasm as to what I'm going to do with it.  :icon_lol:

brad1098

I am  on your one route, south of St. Louis.  Welcome to stop by, camp, etc.

Having a big party here Memorial weekend if your Florida plans change.
02 black-Lorna

nickjtc

Quote from: brad1098 on January 29, 2016, 05:04:49 AM
I am  on your one route, south of St. Louis.  Welcome to stop by, camp, etc.

Thanks for that. Will be in touch. The big arch in St. Louis is a destination, too.

Mustang

The route you have shown that goes thru Chicago ..........................

I would seriously rethink that one , if you are considering it .

It's an absolute cluster fuck of traffic and toll booths ( like $3 and 4 bucks every few miles ) and construction .
It sucks major in a 4 wheeled vehicle and is even worse on 2 wheels .

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on January 29, 2016, 04:12:28 PM
The route you have shown that goes thru Chicago ..........................

I've heard that before! That was on the original plan if I was going to head to Pennsylvania. Now that is not going to happen we will be heading west through the deep south. Light blue-ish route on the map.