News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 Ride Plan

Started by nickjtc, November 29, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

http://tourofhonor.com/index.html

Just read about this in the latest Rider mag. Seems to be a US version of the 'Round Britain Rally' I did in 2001, but with a specific theme to all of the places you have to visit.

I'm tempted to sign up and incorporate it into the trip.......
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

That must be the longest,straightest rd in the world!! Roman?? :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on March 17, 2016, 08:58:17 PM
That must be the longest,straightest rd in the world!! Roman?? :augie

No, it's an ancient route the indigenous peoples used to follow at the end of every year to get away from the harsh northern winters. And since they didn't need roads they just went in a straight line over hill, dale, valley, stream and mountain. :qgaraduate

JoeDirt

Quote from: nickjtc on March 17, 2016, 11:48:42 PM
No, it's an ancient route the indigenous peoples used to follow at the end of every year to get away from the harsh northern winters. And since they didn't need roads they just went in a straight line over hill, dale, valley, stream and mountain. :qgaraduate

Yea, Lewis and Clark used it...

nickjtc

Just found out that my potential riding buddy has just landed the dream gig of driving the truck containing the Ducati road test-ride bikes all over Canada, so I it looks like I will be travelling solo after all.

Nothing better than perusing good old paper maps (Many!! Cripes the US is big.) to get a sense of where you need to go, with no idea how long it is going to take.

brad1098

Update on the weekend plans of May 27-29

We are having a campout/party/festival at our place.  One rider is coming in from New Mexico, others will mostly be local friends and family.  Saturday is the big day, but if you are going to be in Florida on Monday you may need to leave after Fridays party.  We have other accommodations if you are not a tent camper.

*everyone else is welcome to come along as well.

* any other time coming or going on your trip works for us.
02 black-Lorna

nickjtc

Thank you for that. I now have to be in Tennessee the night of the 27th, so will not be able to join you. Pity. Have a great time!!

nickjtc

Just went for a quick trip over to Kamloops to visit the eldest, and camp on his lawn to try out the new tent. And to get an idea of how much stuff I will be able to carry on my trip. I now know that the right pannier is useless for carrying anything of note. :icon_wink:

The jury is out on whether wearing bicycle shorts makes the ride more comfortable.....

Note the classy brass 'grab handle' on the top box, put on by the po. One on the other side too. A stylish counterpoint to the chrome handlebars, perhaps. :rfl

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: nickjtc on May 01, 2016, 10:45:46 PM
Just went for a quick trip over to Kamloops to visit the eldest, and camp on his lawn to try out the new tent. And to get an idea of how much stuff I will be able to carry on my trip. I now know that the right pannier is useless for carrying anything of note. :icon_wink:

The jury is out on whether wearing bicycle shorts makes the ride more comfortable.....

Note the classy brass 'grab handle' on the top box, put on by the po. One on the other side too. A stylish counterpoint to the chrome handlebars, perhaps. :rfl

In the UK Aldi have the gel shorts in this week for only eight quid.  As for the brass handle, "Why would you"  :cp

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JoeDirt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on May 02, 2016, 04:05:16 PM
In the UK Aldi have the gel shorts in this week for only eight quid.  As for the brass handle, "Why would you"  :cp

BixxerBob... please keep in mind he was in the bathroom supplies when he purchased it. This was his first choice.

JayDub

Brilliant idea! handy for wiping flies off the visor on the go  :eusa_clap

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on May 02, 2016, 04:05:16 PM

The shorts I got were cheap 'n' cheerful, too. Maybe a more expensive pair would be better??

My mate Gerry (from whom I bought the bike) sometimes marches to the beat of a different drummer.... hence the brass  :icon_wink:

JayDub

I bought a pair of really cheapo cycling shorts from HK, I tried them on a 180 ml run and there was a definite reduction in arse fatigue, not tried them in hot weather yet though... for obvious reasons  :icon_rolleyes:
They wear sold as 'Gel' padded, but they don't seem like gel to me, more like foam.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on May 02, 2016, 09:24:34 PM
not tried them in hot weather yet though... for obvious reasons  :icon_rolleyes:

And where I am going things are definitely going to get hot 'n' steamy  :icon_wink: