News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 Ride Plan

Started by nickjtc, November 29, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daiku

If you find yourself in or around Boone, NC, (The High Country of the Blue Ridge) feel free to pm me.  I can offer a meal (or two), a guest room, hot shower, and two barking dogs during your visit.  Some most excellent roads and vistas all throughout this area.

Safe travels!
Now:  '06 Girly, '83 Honda CB1100F
Then:  '78 Suzuki GS 750, '79 GS 1100, '01 Yamaha FZ1

T3mike

05 Tiger, 01 Bonnie, 11 VStrom

nickjtc

Quote from: Daiku on May 15, 2016, 02:12:49 PM
If you find yourself in or around Boone, NC,

Thanks for that offer. I'm going to ride Deals Gap, just to say I've done it, which is already a bit off my direct route. Then heading directly south. But thanks a lot for the offer.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on May 15, 2016, 04:04:26 PM
I'm going to ride Deals Gap, just to say I've done it, which is already a bit off my direct route.
it's a big disappointment....................there are much better routes all thru west va,va,sc,nc

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on May 15, 2016, 06:35:10 PM
it's a big disappointment....................there are much better routes all thru west va,va,sc,nc

Thanks for that 'heads up'. I suspected that would be the case. I've ridden roads in northern California that were twistier than Deal's Gap claims to be. I'll see how the mood takes me when I get thereabouts.

Daiku

The Santa Cruz mountains are full of some very, very good roads.  Back in the 80's I used to commute about 60 miles each way on my bike over these roads.... it was wonderful.
Now:  '06 Girly, '83 Honda CB1100F
Then:  '78 Suzuki GS 750, '79 GS 1100, '01 Yamaha FZ1

nickjtc

Quote from: Daiku on June 08, 2016, 04:38:44 PM
The Santa Cruz mountains are full of some very, very good roads.  Back in the 80's I used to commute about 60 miles each way on my bike over these roads.... it was wonderful.

Thanks for that. I got to do the Angeles Crest Highway on Sunday which was a treat.

benebob

Depending on where you make it in PA let me know, shower, a/c bedroom etc is offered.  My best advice from my experience stay out of Arkansas.  The only place I went on my Tiger that I couldn't wait to get out of.  (no offense to others here, I just got treated far too badly by everyone I came across there). 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

nickjtc

Quote from: benebob on June 13, 2016, 05:41:21 AM
Depending on where you make it in PA let me know, shower, a/c bedroom etc is offered.  My best advice from my experience stay out of Arkansas.  The only place I went on my Tiger that I couldn't wait to get out of.  (no offense to others here, I just got treated far too badly by everyone I came across there).

Thanks for that. I ended up crossing the country directly west form Florida to Los Angeles.

You can read all the sordid details here:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,15574.0.html