News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wanted-Valve shims

Started by trophydave, November 30, 2015, 09:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

I am after the following sizes of valve shim for my Girly.1x2.45,1x2.50,3x2.65.Lings dont list the 2.50 one at the moment and I was wondering if anyone has any that they would sell rather than me forcing my wallet open at the Dealers.

JayDub

I had a similar problem and research brought up some Honda motors which also use a 25mm shim.  :icon_study:  :XXcomputer
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

JoeDirt

Quote from: JayDub on November 30, 2015, 10:09:47 PM
I had a similar problem and research brought up some Honda motors which also use a 25mm shim.  :icon_study:  :XXcomputer

Don't forget your friends with Yamaha's too... they use the same shims also. :thumbsup

I have some but shipping would be slow and expensive from USA. :wave

Bixxer Bob

The Triumph-ant breakers will do exchange for your old ones and a quid or so....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

RumRunnerGuy

My local dealers (both Triumph and Honda) will swap out the shims at no charge in the service department.  You may check with them to see if they'll swap them for you.

trophydave

In the end I ordered the shims from Sprint Manufacturing.Fives shims plus postage were £41.00ish.Good service from Sprint as usual,ordered Wednesday lunchtime,postie delivered them today,I will fit them tomorrow.

nickjtc

Quote from: trophydave on December 04, 2015, 10:11:20 PM
In the end I ordered the shims from Sprint Manufacturing.Fives shims plus postage were £41.00ish

Ouch!

Out of curiosity I called the local Yamaha dealer here to get a quote on shims. They charge $7 if swapping, or $12 if buying outright. That is still bad enough!!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"