News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Larson Scanner

Started by JoeDirt, December 05, 2015, 12:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

I'm posting my latest electronics project here. I just poking forum with a stick.

It's another Arduino UNO project with a bunch of LEDs. It's called a "Larson Scanner"... it's the same tech that makes the Knight Rider scanner on the Kit car and Cylons on Battlestar Galactica. It was a fun project and I thought I would give you guys something to stare at.

JoeDirt

I sat it on it's side... now it's a 24 LED Bar Chart.

Nick Calne

Ok good. Now make it into a combined rev counter with shift light at the top of the rev range.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JoeDirt

Quote from: Nick Calne on December 05, 2015, 12:47:48 AM
Ok good. Now make it into a combined rev counter with shift light at the top of the rev range.

So... you don't want a Knight Rider motorcycle?  :^_^

UPDATE: Random LED flashes:

Sin_Tiger

Now sees if you can make the "Like" button reappear and the trick will be complete  :ImaPoser

Looks like you're having fun and it's a learning tool too, sorry of Mecanno for geeks (don't take that the wrong way  :augie)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

motoOzarks

I want a knightrider motorcycle

You know the name of knightriders car was Kit

Like kitty kat

Must have been a Tiger at heart
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

JoeDirt

Quote from: motoOzarks on December 05, 2015, 03:52:27 AM
I want a knightrider motorcycle

You know the name of knightriders car was Kit

Like kitty kat

Must have been a Tiger at heart

:icon_mrgreen:

nickjtc

Joe, thank you for letting us live vicariously through your electronic savvy! I come from the school of "if the fuse does not blow, or nothing starts smoking, then the circuit I've made is probably ok".  :icon_lol:

PS. I just ordered one of those gear indicator thingies and am already dismayed that there are more than two wires to hook up when it gets here.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JoeDirt

Quote from: nickjtc on December 05, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
PS. I just ordered one of those gear indicator thingies and am already dismayed that there are more than two wires to hook up when it gets here.

Are you talking about one of these?

nickjtc

Quote from: JoeDirt on December 05, 2015, 05:10:18 PM
Are you talking about one of these?

Yes. I've started another thread.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: JoeDirt on December 05, 2015, 12:51:11 AM
So... you don't want a Knight Rider motorcycle?  :^_^

UPDATE: Random LED flashes:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I have something similar. If I put some music on a woman comes out of the kitchen and turns it down.

More I turn it up, the more she turns it down.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

motoOzarks

If I lived in that box I would want a hammer and just smash the switches.

That guy with the stick was really pushing his buttons.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on December 07, 2015, 12:11:27 AM
I have something similar. If I put some music on a woman comes out of the kitchen and turns it down.

More I turn it up, the more she turns it down.

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser