News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Runs bad in low rews.

Started by Swede1, May 12, 2016, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Not knowing the internals, it seems like another case of function defying physics.  It shouldn't make any difference; it just does.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Swede1

Quote from: threepot on May 13, 2016, 04:00:24 PM
'Shooting in the mufflers'? You mean 'backfire',or a 'popping' sound like I've got,due to holes in them :icon_confused:
Yes it kind of backfires. Today when I tried to start it made a loud backfire!
Bricklayer who loves bikes, beer & women! 😉

Swede1

Thanks a lot I'll try that!
I thought that red was + and not ground so hopefully you're right about that.

I'm not shore any longer about anything but that's worth a try 😀

Old ground (electric cables) in houses are red.
:><
Bricklayer who loves bikes, beer & women! 😉

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Swede1 on May 21, 2016, 07:32:26 PM

I thought that red was + and not ground so hopefully you're right about that.

Old ground (electric cables) in houses are red.
:><

:bug_eye :bug_eye :bug_eye  It'd be fun watching a brit electrician at work over there  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

P3aK

I just read up on this coil polarity thing as well. It will work even if they're reversed, but it takes around 15-20% more to create sparks. If the coils are slightly bad,  that extra bit could be the difference. 

So I'll steal a question as well.
Does anyone know which is the negative side on the Denso sticks? Looking at the connection pins, coil pointing downwards.
Triumph Tiger 900 -98

Earthscape

Quote from: P3aK on May 23, 2016, 05:08:04 PM
I just read up on this coil polarity thing as well. It will work even if they're reversed, but it takes around 15-20% more to create sparks. If the coils are slightly bad,  that extra bit could be the difference. 

So I'll steal a question as well.
Does anyone know which is the negative side on the Denso sticks? Looking at the connection pins, coil pointing downwards.

:^_^
All I can tell you is that with polarity reversed I had the crappy low-RPM running even on a brand-new Nology coil.
2004 KTM 950 Adventure....1998 Triumph Tiger....1999 KTM 640 Adventure....1993 Kawasaki KLX650....2007 Kawasaki KLX350S....1996 Yamaha XT350

JayDub

I would re-wire them all the same way, if there's no improvement then reverse all of them?