News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bikes wot I 'ave owned

Started by nickjtc, December 08, 2015, 06:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Now that was an interesting story. When I had mine in '74 I was a complete dunce at all things mechanical, so I couldn't tell you how many spark plugs the bike had.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Nick,I had a Stormer 410. Payed £90 back about 1978! Wish I'd kept it. I've Got a photo somewhere? I cut my teeth on Bantams :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on December 09, 2015, 11:56:46 PM
Nick,I had a Stormer 410. Payed £90 back about 1978! Wish I'd kept it. I've Got a photo somewhere? I cut my teeth on Bantams :bad

Mine was a 250. Never did ride it!! It had a lovely alloy tank on it. Like you, I wish I still had it, looking at the prices they go for now..... :icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

November 1971 I was either Cool or Hot, can't remember which phrase was in vogue at the time  :^_^  more hair than sense  :5moped
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Is that your 'L' plate wrapped around the offside fork leg??

JayDub

The jumper was noted Mr Doonican  :icon_biggrin:

Sin_Tiger

L yes. And that sweater was my combined mid layer / abrassion protection, thanks granny  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Looks to be twin carb, so early CB175??  CD175 only had one carb if I remember rightly....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Thought so.  My 1st wife's brother had a CB150 in red with square rear shocks.  No idea what that was about....  :icon_scratch:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

95tiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 13, 2015, 12:44:12 PM
November 1971 I was either Cool or Hot, can't remember which phrase was in vogue at the time  :^_^  more hair than sense  :5moped
Groovy and Far -out man !

Sin_Tiger

JayDub

We (I) can almost hear Steppenwolf!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on December 13, 2015, 09:00:27 PM
I (we) can almost hear Steppenwolf!

He was delivering papers on the other estate  :icon_razz:

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on December 13, 2015, 07:57:32 PM
The jumper was noted Mr Doonican  :icon_biggrin:

My goodness, I haven't heard THAT name in a long while!!