News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bettie Page on a Triumph

Started by threepot, January 02, 2016, 01:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Lovely looking woman,the bikes nice also  :icon_wink: Probably the nicest looking bike ever?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JoeDirt

Quote from: threepot on January 02, 2016, 01:53:51 AM
Lovely looking woman,the bikes nice also  :icon_wink: Probably the nicest looking bike ever?

Sorry to burst your bubble... you are the victim of Paint Brush. The lighting, edges of her body, and I think she was dead when that year of bike was made. :icon_rolleyes:

nickjtc

Those were just so much more, well, wholesome times. No smut, just good ol' femininity.

PS She died in 2008 so would have been around for when that bike was built..
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JoeDirt

Quote from: nickjtc on January 02, 2016, 06:07:06 AM
She died in 2008 so would have been around for when that bike was built..[/font]

Yea but she was born in 20s... I don't think she was posing in her 40s... :icon_eek:

I should have said that her career was dead by then. :icon_razz:

Mustang

'
Quote from: nickjtc on January 02, 2016, 06:07:06 AM
Those were just so much more, well, wholesome times. No smut, just good ol' femininity.

PS She died in 2008 so would have been around for when that bike was built.
It's a photoshop job .................

and her Bondage pics were oh so wholesome ..... :ImaPoser

The US government went after her too , she was just so " girl next door type"

QuoteRare pictures of pinup queen Bettie Page accused of inciting juvenile delinquency in the 1950s to be auctioned off

Decades after they were hidden away when Washington politicians blamed them for corrupting a nation's youth, rare photographs of 50s pinup queen Bettie Page are finally being released for auction.

Page, who maintains a cult following decades after she stopped posing, is still considered a powerful influence on pop icons from Madonna to Katy Perry due to her iconic bangs and appearance in images that celebrated bondage.

While relatively tame by today's standards, McCarthy-era politicians thought the images were contributing to juvenile delinquency and a senate subcommittee investigation into the subject summoned her but never asked her to testify.

Photographer Irving Klaw, credited with creating fetish pinups, was so afraid of repercussions after being called to testify at the hearing that he destroyed roughly 80 per cent of the prints and negatives featuring Page and closed his business.

Luckily Klaw's sister, Paula, hid some away, which are now being offered at auction by Guernsey along with the couple's massive Movie Star News Collection of images of screen icons like Marlon Brando and Marilyn Monroe, the Daily News reports.

Page retired from modeling, and in later life became a born-again Christian even working for the Rev. Billy Graham at one point. Retreating from the spotlight, in a rare interview in 1993 she was shocked to discover the images were still popular and described herself as 'penniless.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on January 02, 2016, 01:54:43 PM
'It's a photoshop job .................

Yup, Ikea photoshoped the Triumph out to sell wooden stools  :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on January 02, 2016, 01:54:43 PM
and her Bondage pics were oh so wholesome ..... :ImaPoser

Well, you learn something every day. She had a 'dark' side......... :icon_lol:

Of course, it wouldn't have been anything to do with earning money...... would it?? :icon_confused: :augie :icon_rolleyes:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

I just Googled "Betty Page"   :bug_eye :bug_eye :bug_eye :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

No idea who she was until I googled. As they say on another bike forum.... she seems nice.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: JoeDirt on January 02, 2016, 06:52:01 AM
Yea but she was born in 20s... I don't think she was posing in her 40s... :icon_eek:

Why  :^_^ she had a lovely pair O 40s  :bad :ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 02, 2016, 03:09:21 PM
Yup, Ikea photoshoped the Triumph out to sell wooden stools  :icon_mrgreen:

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser nice one  :icon_wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly