News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP! Stock exhaust in the way of stock (?) Center Stand!

Started by Dev_1, January 05, 2016, 04:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dev_1

Happy New Year everyone. :party

I finally got a hold of a center stand off fleabay. Looks stock to me. I am having one hell of a time installing the right mount though, because it seems my exhaust pipe needs to move forward about an inch to clear the CS mount. :BangHead
What is going on here?!

Please help.

Love always,
Dev1

Chris Canning

We are going to need a photo,my stand has been on both my 885i and my 955i and just fitted straight on.

I've trawled through my photobucket stuff and this is the only one that may help.

Dutch

Isn't is so that the earlier Girly's have a collector box under/behind the engine while the later ones only have a pipe going from the 3-1 to the muffler? So maybe they have a different center stand as well? Just rough idea, no time (or interest) to look into the details.

John Stenhouse

Nope, centre stands are the same for 955 and 855, I have a 955 stand on my 885 bike
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Dutch

So the other possibility is that TS did not recieve a Girly stand. Justs because the label says so don't mean it is so. Or is it?  :^_^ :^_^

@Dev_1, can you post some pictures of the stand? Preferably with dimensions.

Dev_1

Whoops... forgot to turn on notifications!

I REALLY hope I picked up the right center stand.
There's a good chance I'm just trying to put it on wrong.

Left side seems to match up.

Timbox2

Although as Chris says the 885 and 955 are the same, Im pretty sure the later cast wheel bikes had a different stand,I dont understand whats different, I would have thought it was just length of stand but maybe Triumph moved the mounting points ???
2016 Tiger Sport

Dutch

Judging by the exhaust TS has a spoke wheel Girly.

Quick glance at http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph-motorcycle-parts.html shows center stand that look identical for spoke and cast, but different then the one TS shows. Not sure if stand is different of just bracket 4 is missing.

Dev_1

Yes, I have a spoke-wheel 2000 885.
The stand looks the same to me, but the mounts do appear to be different.  :^_^ :BangHead

Thank you for taking interest, gents

Timbox2

Quote from: Dev_1 on January 09, 2016, 04:10:39 PM
Yes, I have a spoke-wheel 2000 885.
The stand looks the same to me, but the mounts do appear to be different.  :^_^ :BangHead

Thank you for taking interest, gents

So, maybe someone has sold you a cast wheel stand
2016 Tiger Sport

fattyjr

well looking on world of triumph, the part numbers for the centre stand and brackets are the same for the 885i and early 955i.  when the vin changed to 198857 then the part numbers change.

could the stand brackets have been bent or the collector box moved?
98 tiger 885i, 2001 Daytona 955i, 92 trident/sprint 900, 98 trophy 1200, 96 trophy 900, 59 t120 bonnieville, 64 t120 bonnieville, 63, tiger t100s/s, 98 tl1000s, 07 Buell xb1200, 98 husqvarna sm610  x2, 81 husqvarna cr500, 84 husqvarna cr500, 98 xvs650, 90 sportster 883/1200 race bike. And a few more

Dev_1

Brackets seem straight as can be. The collector box?... possible. The top mount of the box seems like the original position.
These brackets are supposed to be mounted on the innermost side of the frame, right? ie. not wedged between the outer frame and foot peg mount.  :icon_scratch:

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Timbox2

Quote from: Dev_1 on January 09, 2016, 07:15:40 PM
Brackets seem straight as can be. The collector box?... possible. The top mount of the box seems like the original position.
These brackets are supposed to be mounted on the innermost side of the frame, right? ie. not wedged between the outer frame and foot peg mount.  :icon_scratch:

Yes, on inside of frame. Can you not contact the ebay sellar and ask what year Tiger the stand came off, or whether it was spoke or cast wheel model?
2016 Tiger Sport

Dutch

Quote from: motoOzarks on January 10, 2016, 01:15:29 AM
Ever pull one of these Tigers up on a center stand?
That is why I have a piece of timber on the garage floor. Lifts the rear wheel half an inch which helps tremendoulsy in pulling it up the stand. When on the road I simply ask a fellow rider to pull the bike backwards when chain needs lubrication or so. Otherwise I just leave it on the side stand.