News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacing throttle cable

Started by Jayell, March 27, 2016, 12:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayell

Hey! :icon_mrgreen:

I'm up to my elbows in Tiger right now, plenty of wrenching to be done.

Among the tasks is replacing the throttle cable. My local Triumph dealer has supplied me with part number T2040453. This number looks correct to me for 2002. The new part is curved at each end, just as the parts illustration shows. However, the existing cable is curved at the throttle bodies, but straight at the handlebar/throttle tube. Something's not right.

What gives? :icon_scratch:

Thanks for any help you may provide.  :thumbsup

2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

KuzzinKenny

Hey Jayell !! the cable on yer bike might not be a Triumph part  :^_^ but an aftermarket cable !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Timbox2

Yep, OE cable should have bend both ends.
2016 Tiger Sport

Jayell

Jayell

Duh! The curved end at the bar goes into the housing. It is straight coming out. I should've looked more thoroughly before asking.

Dev_1

Hope the new cable works out  :thumbsup
Proper routing is SO important, as my throttle stuck open when I bought it...until I properly routed my cable.

If you're still in there, it may be wise to put spare cable and housing alongside it so that you can just connect and go if something happens while on the road.

Dev_1

Come to think of it  :icon_scratch: I may be thinking of the clutch cable