News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP! Stock exhaust in the way of stock (?) Center Stand!

Started by Dev_1, January 05, 2016, 04:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattyjr

Quote from: motoOzarks on January 10, 2016, 01:15:29 AM
Ever pull one of these Tigers up on a center stand?

:nap

Never had a problem putting the tiger, trophy or sprint on their centre stands.  I suppose it's down to technique
98 tiger 885i, 2001 Daytona 955i, 92 trident/sprint 900, 98 trophy 1200, 96 trophy 900, 59 t120 bonnieville, 64 t120 bonnieville, 63, tiger t100s/s, 98 tl1000s, 07 Buell xb1200, 98 husqvarna sm610  x2, 81 husqvarna cr500, 84 husqvarna cr500, 98 xvs650, 90 sportster 883/1200 race bike. And a few more

JoeDirt

Quote from: fattyjr on January 10, 2016, 09:31:01 PM
Never had a problem putting the tiger, trophy or sprint on their centre stands.  I suppose it's down to technique

I rock mine until it goes past center... I didn't realize this was an issue.  :icon_scratch:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JoeDirt on January 10, 2016, 10:07:44 PM
I rock mine until it goes past center...

:iagree momentum is your friend, it's all technique, just find the one that works for you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Dev_1

Quote from: Dutch on January 10, 2016, 12:42:59 PM
That is why I have a piece of timber on the garage floor. Lifts the rear wheel half an inch which helps tremendoulsy in pulling it up the stand. When on the road I simply ask a fellow rider to pull the bike backwards when chain needs lubrication or so. Otherwise I just leave it on the side stand.

My thoughts exactly.

I'll check to see which year it came from. Looking into getting new mounting brackets from the dealership... unless someone here can tell me how to mod the exhaust.

Dutch

Quote from: JoeDirt on January 10, 2016, 10:07:44 PM
I rock mine until it goes past center...
At least you have the advantage of having a good grip. I have the preload adjuster of the Wilbers shock fixed to the footpeg holder that dubs as grab bar. The edge is a bit sharp so sensitive to my sissy hands. Prefer using the lower bar but gives slightly worse leverage. But getting the rear wheel a bit higher by parking it on some timber does help quite a lot  :icon_smile:

Bixxer Bob

Mine is a pig to get onto the centre stand because of the lowered shockthus a higher lift.  Lowering the stand is doable, but probably not going to happen....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Have a look at the photo I posted there's enough room on the ramp for the center stand but no where for me  :icon_scratch:,so it's the left foot half on and half off the ramp put my right foot on the center stand to square the bike up and then it's shit or bust. :icon_biggrin:

As luck would have it I've always found putting it on the stand a doddle compared to the balancing act I have to do,with a fully loaded tank bag and 55l Givi with at least 15k in it I rock it off the center stand and my wife gives it the final push.

Dev_1

So it seems that I've exhausted all reasonable attempts to find a right-side mount for the center stand I have or a center stand for the proper year. Even SW-Motechs don't want to ship to the US.  :icon_scratch:
I've found a local shop that will fab a small pipe for me that will bypass the box and route around the center stand bracket for about $100. With proper mapping, this may come out to be a win-win.
While I'm having him fab a pipe up anyways, I'm considering throwing on a blue flame can. This one is local and has been on the market for some time.  :wheel
Thoughts?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191581122884?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheers

Timbox2

Quote from: Dev_1 on January 31, 2016, 10:46:12 AM
So it seems that I've exhausted all reasonable attempts to find a right-side mount for the center stand I have or a center stand for the proper year. Even SW-Motechs don't want to ship to the US.  :icon_scratch:
I've found a local shop that will fab a small pipe for me that will bypass the box and route around the center stand bracket for about $100. With proper mapping, this may come out to be a win-win.
While I'm having him fab a pipe up anyways, I'm considering throwing on a blue flame can. This one is local and has been on the market for some time.  :wheel
Thoughts?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191581122884?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheers

My new to me Girly came with a Blueflame and its lovely, but, My thoughts are youre making life difficult, its a Suzuki Exhaust with a bolt on flange???
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

Dev_1

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 31, 2016, 05:40:58 PM
My new to me Girly came with a Blueflame and its lovely, but, My thoughts are youre making life difficult, its a Suzuki Exhaust with a bolt on flange???

If the guy needs to fab a piece anyways... :^_^

Dev_1

Quote from: Mustang on January 31, 2016, 05:51:54 PM
just go to twisted throttle .....................

done
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-centerstand-triumph-tiger-955i-00-06

they also have the instructions and parts list with pretty drawings of everything on .pdf

http://static.twisted-throttle.net/media/files/hps.11.531.100.triumph.tiger.955i.2005-2006.sw-motech.centerstand.installation.instructions.pdf

I contacted them about this one actually, and they verified that it won't fit my year with the stock exhaust. They are also looking for one with this wonky mount (pre 2001).

Dev_1

Does anybody have experience with this SW Motech on their 2000 Girly?