News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

confused

Started by tonytiger, January 02, 2016, 11:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Reading reports on steamer fuel tanks are they made of PLASTIC NYLON FIBRE GLASS or TISSUE PAPER ?.

Mustang

nylon and they were made by ACERBIS

tonytiger

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on January 02, 2016, 01:11:31 PM
nylon and they were made by ACERBIS

And they are alive, and grow............. :icon_study:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ssevy

Why do you ask?
If you search, you'll read all about my travails with my tank, but the eventual outcome was a happy ending.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

tonytiger

The paint blistered badly Iv rubbed it down going to get it resprayed. But mainly I am going to clean and seal the tank, just
trying to find the best stuff to use. :icon_study:

ssevy

The Caswell kit is working well in my tank. No issues since sealing it. If you let it sit empty for a few months, it make shrink back to original dimensions. Mine did. All on a theead here somewhere.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

nickjtc

Quote from: ssevy on January 03, 2016, 04:15:11 PM
If you let it sit empty for a few months, it make shrink back to original dimensions. Mine did. All on a theead here somewhere.

I notice that the Ascerbis tank for the XR650 does that over the winter when sitting empty.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

tonytiger

I v read thread about caswell kit and will get one orderd  also Iv found with my tank sat empty for a few month It fits perfect thanks.

tonytiger

Just bought Tank Kleen and Tank slosh Ill get the tank sealed at the weekend hopefully