News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly fuel filler cap

Started by TR5TRIDER, January 29, 2016, 05:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

I am wanting to fit a new or used fuel tank filler cap on a 2000 Tiger and have found several  used ones from other models of Triumph and when I try to check part compatibility by part number I am unable to find part number for the cap although the p/n for the gaskets and seals are listed. Is there  a cap/lid that is known to be interchangeable with this Triumph? I am not concerned about having or not having a lockable cap.

JoeDirt

Quote from: TR5TRIDER on January 29, 2016, 05:33:07 PM
I am not concerned about having or not having a lockable cap.

Nice billet ones on eBay without the key:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-BLACK-KEYLESS-BILLET-GAS-FUEL-CAP-00-04-SPRINT-RS-07-11-TIGER-1050-/290850753279

I am working on getting you a Triumph part number as well. :thumbsup

JoeDirt

TR5TRIDER

TR5TRIDER

J.D., again thanks for the very clever & excellent investigation into the Triumph parts system, it never occurred to me that the fuel filler cap would be found in the electrical section under ignition switch. You have my respect.

JoeDirt

Well thanks, they do that so you can buy seat lock and tank keys together.

That same seller on eBay has gold and silver of the same billet cap. There are other sellers on eBay with similar caps... he was the cheapest in USA. :thumbsup