News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger not firing

Started by oldbanker2004, February 10, 2016, 09:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbanker2004

So I gave my 05 955 a hand wash at the weekend later fired her up and road into the garage all good.
This morning got her out she cranks but is not firing.
I've checked fuses, I can hear the injectors priming, checked kill switch, pulled clutch, raised side stand and it's indicating neutral?
Any suggestions

It lives after much cranking and a twist of the throttle fired up and seems good to go totally odd though.

JoeDirt

Quote from: oldbanker2004 on February 10, 2016, 09:21:12 PM
So I gave my 05 955 a hand wash at the weekend later fired her up and road into the garage all good.
This morning got her out she cranks but is not firing.
I've checked fuses, I can hear the injectors priming, checked kill switch, pulled clutch, raised side stand and it's indicating neutral?
Any suggestions

It lives after much cranking and a twist of the throttle fired up and seems good to go totally odd though.

I am glad you got it started. There are a number of threads that begin with "I got my bike wet and it won't start". At least, you gave it time to dry out before doing anything big. Very possible you shorted something to ground by getting your harness wet. The harness's are not waterproof and they are more exposed in the engine area. Not to mention, a lot of places water can sit.

<SIDE POINT> Please check your main fuse on side of battery for any melting, discoloration, burning, or even for moisture. I don't think that it is the "main issue" but could be stressed trying to start it.