News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rubber Boots

Started by JoeDirt, August 14, 2015, 06:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

This is my small attempt at giving back to the "Girly" community...

My quest was to find a replacement for my worn cracked rubber boots that go on the rear brake light switch and the engine temperature sensor. I purchased a replacement from BikeBandit and I received the boot in the center of the first image. The part number was Triumph part T2020074 BOOT, BANJO BOLT, don't buy this! This part is not the same as the thin original boot shown on left in the first pic. The original is not intended to last and will disintegrate over time. You will eventually need to replace this boot or do something drastic with electrical tape. The solution I came up with is a part used on older Triumph and BSA and is available through aftermarket only. Do a search for "71-2930" on eBay and you find lots of these parts. They are made with thicker rubber and are made to take some abuse. Please see second image of 71-2930 on my temperature sensor.

You'll have two of these on your bike and they probably need replaced regardless. :thumbsup

Dyn Blin

Good find, thank you.

I could go on and on about Bike Bandit, but I won't.

I have some 3D printer files (public-copyrighted)generously donated from another rider for this part too, prints in 2 pieces.. PM if needed

(edit- copyright info)
This is why we can't have nice things.

JoeDirt

Wow 3D printed parts?  :icon_eek:

These boots are a bigger issue than I thought. :thumbsup

I added a picture on how to get the terminal through.

JoeDirt

Forget this thread ever existed and use post http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php?topic=7359.msg50157#msg50157

The T2500254 is a good number and is still available through Triumph.