News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Only as good as the sum of it's parts - '04 Girly on eBay

Started by JoeDirt, February 08, 2016, 12:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

This bike in Somis, CA keeps showing up on my eBay searches. Every time I look at it, I get more disgusted. Not on how poorly it has been treated... not by the baby on board sticker... but by some of the nice parts it has on it.

The eBay'er is asking $600 US for it and the Wilbers shock is probably worth more than the asking price. Not to mention I zoomed up on the OEM #A9601032 TOR Can on it... it also sports the infamous "center stand".

Come cry with me at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Triumph-Tiger-955i-Parts-Bike-Performance-Exhaust-Chip-Wilbers-Shock-MORE-/272113233618

Whole is NOT greater than the sum of its parts.

nickjtc

One man's pride and joy is another man's recipe for vomiting :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Given the relative rarity of Tigers in the USA, and that there have been some great restorations AND some great project bikes, and taking into consideration the Wilbers,  I'd be buying at that price and storing it till I had time to do it proud. 

I do accept the cost of an air fare and the subsequent road trip on an unkown bike is both going to affect the overall price but you'd probably have done the road trip sooner or later anyway eh???  :nod
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

That would be a 7000 mile round trip road trip for some of us  :wheel

JoeDirt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 08, 2016, 11:37:31 AM
...but you'd probably have done the road trip sooner or later anyway eh???  :nod

Solid 2-days for me... :5moped

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Dyn Blin

This is why we can't have nice things.

JoeDirt

JoeDirt

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JoeDirt on March 05, 2016, 08:28:20 PM
$400 US now...

Did you really think nobody else would spot it  :^_^ can always hope I suppose
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Dyn Blin

Sadly, I let that one go.  But in truth, it wouldn't t have done any of us any good to have all of put on the  sidewalk after my better half changed the locks.
This is why we can't have nice things.

JoeDirt

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of those parts on eBay soon. Someone bought it...  :5moped

Mustang

Quote from: Dyn Blin on March 07, 2016, 08:03:01 PM
Sadly, I let that one go.  But in truth, it wouldn't t have done any of us any good to have all of put on the  sidewalk after my better half changed the locks.
:bug_eye

usually what sucketh's .....turns out to be the best thing that could've happened to you !