News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mach1

Started by blacktiger, February 09, 2016, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Just to bring this to the attention of the Tigger community.
http://www.nicksanders.com/#!mach-1/xr956

I'm already booked in with 5 others. It would be good to see more Tigers there to break up the throngs of BMWs and KTMs that are bound to be over represented.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

nickjtc

Sort of like a mini (and harder) Round Britain Rally. Looks like fun...
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Thats sounds great! I'll like to squeeze that one in if pos.  :icon_biggrin:

blacktiger

Quote from: nickjtc on February 09, 2016, 04:07:51 PM
Sort of like a mini (and harder) Round Britain Rally. Looks like fun...

Yeah, we don't really know what he has planned. To us it just sounded like the Welsh National rally sort of thing. Like "get a dot on a map, go there find the answer to a clue".

Chris Canning

You can bet your bottom dollar it will end in a bust up as anything he runs does!!! Because folks who are used to doing any kind of travelling have their own ideas and over the years there have been some mighty set too's normally a lot further from home than what this will be the very best of luck.

blacktiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 10, 2016, 01:50:50 PM
You can bet your bottom dollar it will end in a bust up as anything he runs does!!! Because folks who are used to doing any kind of travelling have their own ideas and over the years there have been some mighty set too's normally a lot further from home than what this will be the very best of luck.

Bit of a negative view. What do you base that on?
It a treasure hunt thing. That's all. We're not going to be riding for 60000 miles and 3 months.
Although, I have never met him so you could be right. The only round the world "traveller" I have met is Austin Vince and he turned out to be so far up his own arse that he must be best mates with Bono.

Bixxer Bob

Met Nick years ago at an event organised by Balderstons in Peterborough, who were joint BMW and Triumph dealers at the time (imagine that now  :ImaPoser); must have been 18 years ago as I was still with the Mk1 Mrs W.

He was easy to talk to but "wired"; he looked and sounded like he was on speed.  But then again, he'd just taken the round the world on a Triumph record.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

I met him having fish and chips in Stow, only reason I knew it was him was his Daytona, the red one he had for his first record attempt was parked by the side of the chippy. Covered in stickers and rather grubby, looked well ridden which I suppose at that time it was.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting