News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet, Planning Part 2 - 2-3 July 2016

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 14, 2016, 10:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Quote from: blacktiger on February 24, 2016, 09:12:46 AM
Highest pub in England will be bloody freezing for camping even in mid summer.

Try to avoid camping nowadays, nice comfy bed for me please!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

GavD

Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 23, 2016, 10:00:37 PM
Nice pub, we get there every January, new folk in charge this year. Do you want a bed on the way up?
Thanks for the offer John, but I think we'll get ourselves a bit further up and have a gentler day on the Fri.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

I've been to the Tan Hill a few times as it's not THAT far from my north east home.  We've been there before.....  Yorkshire meet.  Although I did think at the time, "How effing far North have we come..."
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 25, 2016, 01:48:27 AM
I've been to the Tan Hill a few times as it's not THAT far from my north east home.  We've been there before.....  Yorkshire meet.  Although I did think at the time, "How effing far North have we come..."
Getting confused now... I thought we were meeting at the Tan Inn (or somewhere on the A66) then riding up to the Bellingham area, via a twisty route?

blacktiger

Quote from: JayDub on February 25, 2016, 11:48:53 AM
Getting confused now... I thought we were meeting at the Tan Inn (or somewhere on the A66) then riding up to the Bellingham area, via a twisty route?

Well so am I. I've seen mention of a Café on the A66 with Camels and the Hartside Café. Now the Tan Hill which, I have to say, would make a great lunch stop so long as the weather's nice.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

JayDub

Would it be a good idea to merge topics 'part 2' & 'part 3'? - its getting a bit disjointed.

blacktiger

Quote from: JayDub on February 25, 2016, 11:55:43 AM
Would it be a good idea to merge topics 'part 2' & 'part 3'? - its getting a bit disjointed.

Completely agree.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Right then, date set as 2-3 July, this thread now locked.  Simples. :bad
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...