News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet Planning Part 3 - Route discussion. Location: Haggs Bank Bunkhouse

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 15, 2016, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Left it too late, (story of my life!  :icon_rolleyes:) Haggs bank is full!  :icon_sad:
Booked into a B&B up in Alston just a few miles up the road at a place called Lowbyer Manor.  :thumbsup
http://www.lowbyer.com/wp/
Looks ok & I think you'd probably thank me if you'd ever heard me snore! :icon_wink:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Gentlemen always come last  :icon_wink:

We'll let you in if you can cook.

That's an interesting idea Geoff, I wonder if it's worth contacting the local butcher to see if he can deliver a mixed pack for X number of persons, does that sound a bit too organised  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geoff W

If we meet up at the farm shop/cafe on the A 66 we can pick up all sorts of goodies there and barbecue/burn them on Friday night. we should be able to pick up enough stuff to feed all.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Geoff W

Just spoken to Haggs bank, there is bunk space available for anyone with our group at the moment, email info @haggsbank from the website , and tell them that you are with the Triumph Tiger group and they will have a space for you. They also have a group of potholers booked in for that weekend, so they have blocked out the bunkhouse as booked, unless you tell them you are with Triumph Tiger group ( or the pothole group).
They would like an idea of numbers sometime soon, I am away next week, so can we firm this up over the next  week or two. They will run us into Nenthead in the evening in the minibus for the cost of fuel, so we can go to the Miner's Arms or Salvation Army tea hut, whatever floats your boat.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Geoff W on March 05, 2016, 06:35:54 PM
If we meet up at the farm shop/cafe on the A 66 we can pick up all sorts of goodies there and barbecue/burn them on Friday night. we should be able to pick up enough stuff to feed all.

That sounds like a winner  :thumbsup and saves me trying to smuggle in some haggis.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: Geoff W on March 05, 2016, 06:59:14 PM
Just spoken to Haggs bank, there is bunk space available for anyone with our group at the moment, email info @haggsbank from the website , and tell them that you are with the Triumph Tiger group and they will have a space for you. They also have a group of potholers booked in for that weekend, so they have blocked out the bunkhouse as booked, unless you tell them you are with Triumph Tiger group ( or the pothole group).
They would like an idea of numbers sometime soon, I am away next week, so can we firm this up over the next  week or two. They will run us into Nenthead in the evening in the minibus for the cost of fuel, so we can go to the Miner's Arms or Salvation Army tea hut, whatever floats your boat.

So I did just that a few days ago and got this back:-
Hi Howard
You can book in through or web site http://haggsbank.com/bunkhouse/ or make payment by

We ask for full payment at the time of booking. We can take payment by:

BACS - Sort code 40-36-10 account number 81524496; please include your surname and booking dates as the reference; or
    a cheque made payable to Haggs Bank Bunkhouse and posted to the address below;
    or we can send you a Paypal request for the amount.

Once we have received payment then we will confirm your booking by email.

Kind regards

Danny and Cathy

I'm thinking I might just camp. :sign13
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

JayDub

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

PeteH

I booked online, do I need to let them know I'm with the Tiger group?
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

GavD

Us Island hoppers are stopping off Thu night in the Forest of Bowland. We intend to take the back roads across the Dales, probably via the Tan Hill Inn, so mid afternoon on Fri would be about right for us.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

mat-tiger1

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on March 05, 2016, 09:46:48 AM
Left it too late, (story of my life!  :icon_rolleyes:) Haggs bank is full!  :icon_sad:
Booked into a B&B up in Alston just a few miles up the road at a place called Lowbyer Manor.  :thumbsup
http://www.lowbyer.com/wp/
Looks ok & I think you'd probably thank me if you'd ever heard me snore! :icon_wink:

Based on what you were saying Geoff, I dropped Haggs bank an email & this is what they replied:-

"Hi Ivor sorry for the delay there are bunk beds still available we are just sorting with another group for the same weekend you are booked in and we will send details asap

Many thanks Danny and cathy"

So it looks like there are bunks available but not on the website. For those that haven't booked yet, it might be worth dropping them a line!  :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

I've just booked time off work,and the Lowbyer manor. Their putting a bed in Mat's room for me :bad And he can pay for any taxi journeys!!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on March 09, 2016, 07:46:30 PM
I've just booked time off work,and the Lowbyer manor. Their putting a bed in Mat's room for me :bad And he can pay for any taxi journeys!!

Sorry Threepot, I'd already cancelled the Lowbyer reservation on the strength of the mail received from Haggs bank! :icon_rolleyes: Nothing personal!  :augie

The guys in the bunkhouse had better make sure their earplugs are packed though!  :bug_eye

threepot

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on March 09, 2016, 09:16:53 PM
Sorry Threepot, I'd already cancelled the Lowbyer reservation on the strength of the mail received from Haggs bank! :icon_rolleyes: Nothing personal!  :augie

:icon_frown:

Earl days I know,but what are the plans for Fri/Sat evening? Is Alston a good place to eat/drink?  Or somewhere else?I've read that it has one of the lowest proportion of women to men in England....10-1  :icon_eek:

95 Super111
96 Tiger