News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet, Route Planning - There and Back chit chat

Started by Sin_Tiger, February 25, 2016, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

The ride from my place is relatively short, so I might do something a bit different. Going over on the Friday if anyone wants company on the way south.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 25, 2016, 06:07:57 PM
The ride from my place is relatively short, so I might do something a bit different.
.... Full highland outfit, and playin the pipes?  :icon_biggrin:

Nick Calne

I might come up a few days early if I can. I could do with some time out and about.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Also looking to travel up on the Friday, get the best bunk that way  :bad
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JayDub

So are we going to follow Geoffs suggestion of meeting at a cafe etc along the A66 (I can recognise a camel) and continuing after a coffee, via a more interesting route?
I'm also planning to get there on the Fri afternoon.

GavD

:iagree
Us 'little island' boys are planning on heading up Thu to the Dales then mooch on up to meet Fri at the caff (or wherever Geoff decides).
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

I had a message from Geoff this morning, he's maxxed out for a couple of weeks so I said I'd do some of the admin. 

As I said in my reply to him, the only thing that needs doing now is the campsite.  I'll do a bit of looking around but the Bellingham one looks good.  I'll contact them and see if they are bike friendly first.

After that, if Geoff is still too busy, I'll meet up with Sin and we'll get a route sorted so just keep the ideas coming for now.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 26, 2016, 06:43:39 PM...After that, if Geoff is still too busy, I'll meet up with Sin and we'll get a route sorted so just keep the ideas coming for now.
Thanks for that gents - much appreciated  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Make sure they do rooms please, I'm too old and creaky to camp.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 26, 2016, 09:43:44 PM
Make sure they do rooms please, I'm too old and creaky to camp.

Not too camp then  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

nickjtc

Erm, in case someone was planning on coming from overseas, where is the best place to rent a bike?? I used Raceways in London way back when, but they were less than stellar.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

PeteH

Rent a bike....any particular make and style? getting a Tiger could be awkward....
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour