News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet, Route Planning - There and Back chit chat

Started by Sin_Tiger, February 25, 2016, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: PeteH on February 27, 2016, 01:34:56 AM
Rent a bike....any particular make and style? getting a Tiger could be awkward....

Not so much the model or even specific brand.... just a rental outfit with a good reputation. Assuming, of course, that a non-Triumph would not affect the karma of the gathering. :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

QuoteErm, in case someone was planning on coming from overseas, where is the best place to rent a bike??
Getting itchy Nick? you could extend your 2016 trip you mentioned, I've seen a few of the US guys offering their spare or second bikes to visitors, maybe theres someone over here with a functional roadworthy one going spare.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 27, 2016, 10:21:17 PM
http://www.superbikerental.co.uk/triumph-1200-explorer-adventure-motorcycle-hire.php

Pricey!

Thanks for that, Nick. Yes, cost is going to be an issue IF I am going to be able to make it. Especially since I'm off to Florida in May. I'm selling my house, for a variety of reasons, and hopefully will have dosh left over to be able to do most of my 'bucket list' things this year. I'll know in the next month or so. Fortunately I work for an employer that gives a generous holiday allowance!

Bigfeesh

Give http://mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/ a ring, they are the local bike shop and may well rent a bike for the trip, good connections by rail and air to newcastle, any probs with them drop me a line I'll call in to help out, I need some parts soon anyhoo!
Tiptop

nickjtc

Quote from: Bigfeesh on February 29, 2016, 12:52:13 PM
           Give http://mandsmotorcycles.co.uk/ a ring, they are the local bike shop and may well rent a bike for the trip, good connections by rail and air to newcastle, any probs with them drop me a line I'll call in to help out, I need some parts soon anyhoo!

Thank you, sir!!

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 25, 2016, 11:31:50 PM
I might come up a few days early if I can. I could do with some time out and about.

Hey Nick, I was also considering going a few days before and getting some scenery in by going the long way. You interested in meeting up?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

nickjtc

Thanks for that.... very enticing.

Unfortunately it's looking less and less likely that I will be able to make it, since there is no action on my house sale and that is where the funds would be coming from.  :icon_sad:

At least the Florida trip is a 'go'. :thumbsup

Nick Calne

Quote from: blacktiger on March 17, 2016, 05:26:24 PM
Hey Nick, I was also considering going a few days before and getting some scenery in by going the long way. You interested in meeting up?

Yeah that would be great! I'm going to start thinking about the planning in the next few days. I'll PM what I have in mind!

threepot

Quote from: Nick Calne on March 17, 2016, 09:17:08 PM
Yeah that would be great! I'm going to start thinking about the planning in the next few days. I'll PM what I have in mind!
I'm thinking of riding up a day early,camp nr Snowdon..Llanberis maybe? Then finish the journey next day? If you and Blacktiger fancy that??
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on March 17, 2016, 11:45:39 PM
I'm thinking of riding up a day early,camp nr Snowdon..Llanberis maybe? Then finish the journey next day? If you and Blacktiger fancy that??

Could be fun.
I already sketched out a route running through Calne to meet Nick and then up lots of B roads, Gloucester, Ledbury, Tenbury Wells, Ludlow, Telford, Market Drayton, staying overnight in a Wetherspoons Hotel in Wigan.
Then next morning full Wetherspoons breakfast and across the Yorkshire Dales to meet the group at Mansgill Farm.
But hey, I'm free and easy. But don't forget I'm coming from Hastings in the far southeast.

Oh, and I have a mate lives in Llanbedr if we want to go over that far. His garden might be able to accommodate a few tents.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

Better and better guys!!  I'm going to broach the subject with the wife tomorrow and organise my many strands of work. Then should be good to make proper plans....

JayDub

:ear  I may see some of you along the way on the Friday then? what route from Snowdonia TP?
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

GavD

Chaps,

We're booked into this place on the thursday night if you wanted to;
a. stay there as well.
b. come through there Fri morn and meet us for the run across the dales to meet Geoff.

http://www.harktobounty.co.uk/
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S