News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet, Route Planning - There and Back chit chat

Started by Sin_Tiger, February 25, 2016, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Quote from: JayDub on March 18, 2016, 09:02:08 PM
:ear  I may see some of you along the way on the Friday then? what route from Snowdonia TP?
Not planned yet JD. Could take in the 'Dales'?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Not planned yet JD. Could take in the 'Dales'?
Let me know, I might hang off your luggage rack  :icon_biggrin:
... If thats OK with you.

blacktiger

Quote from: GavD on March 19, 2016, 09:29:03 AM
Chaps,

We're booked into this place on the thursday night if you wanted to;
a. stay there as well.
b. come through there Fri morn and meet us for the run across the dales to meet Geoff.

http://www.harktobounty.co.uk/

Am I reading it right that, that pub is in Slaidburn?  If so the route I had sketched out comes through there and runs north across the moors along a small road that is like a rollercoaster.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

Ok. I'm clear to go on Thursday.

From that end point go to Branards Castle and head toward Stanhope. It's amazing up there.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

GavD

:thumbsup Looks good on streetview, will probably adjust our route to take that in. thanks for the suggestion
:wheel
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

PeteH

So, I'm Meeting up with Ivor (mat-tiger1) at Poplar Services Lymm on Friday morning then looking at taking the suggested route north so we can potentially meet people on the way. So if Threepot and Jaydub are heading the same way why not meet en route as they basically have to come my way anyways...
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Geoff W

Beware of Yorkshire police. They are having a do against motorbikes, mainly at weekends, but also other times on the main well known twisty roads. West Yorkshire have started using two mobile camera vans in tandem, you see the first one and slow down, speed up again , and there is another van 1/2 a mile to 2 miles down the road. So you think , that cannot be another van so close, but it is.
East Yorkshire plods have been putting a mobile camera in a John Deere tractor parked up at the side of the road, it is a police tractor, but it is not painted like a Battenberg Cake, and just looks like a normal tractor. :nono
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

GavD

OOh the sneaky wretches. :cp

note to self: do NOT try and keep up with Mo!!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JayDub

Quote from: Geoff W on May 19, 2016, 10:08:00 PM
East Yorkshire plods have been putting a mobile camera in a John Deere tractor parked up at the side of the road, it is a police tractor, but it is not painted like a Battenberg Cake, and just looks like a normal tractor. :nono
I keep getting told that that's concealment and illegal/not allowed, but around here also the plod are known to hide in a horse box... and no pre warning signage displayed either  :icon_scratch:

Nick Calne

I would never encourage any one to break the law Jaydub, least of all in an area so fairly policed as yours but....

Most horse boxes have the bolts on the outside of the door with a little hole to allow a padlock to be fastened through....

Lock them in?
Tow them away?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

:mut if I don't show up at the meet. You'll know why. :bad

blacktiger

Quote from: PeteH on April 07, 2016, 12:40:46 AM
So, I'm Meeting up with Ivor (mat-tiger1) at Poplar Services Lymm on Friday morning then looking at taking the suggested route north so we can potentially meet people on the way. So if Threepot and Jaydub are heading the same way why not meet en route as they basically have to come my way anyways...

Which is the "Poplar" services at Lymm? There's a possibility that Nick Charlton and I could be there also.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

JayDub

Quote from: blacktiger on June 07, 2016, 10:52:57 AM
Which is the "Poplar" services at Lymm? There's a possibility that Nick Charlton and I could be there also.
WA130SP  :nod