News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ABR 2016 UK Tiger mega meet??

Started by mat-tiger1, March 21, 2016, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Just a heads up for any of you guys that may want to attend, can't make it myself unfortunately!  :icon_cry:

Should be a good one if they all turn up!  :notworthy

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/board,68.0.html
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

JayDub

:pottytrain2 ain't got a 800, besides - all the really interesting bikes (and owners) are on this forum  :icon_biggrin:

mat-tiger1

Quote from: JayDub on March 21, 2016, 07:01:07 PM
:pottytrain2 ain't got a 800, besides - all the really interesting bikes (and owners) are on this forum  :icon_biggrin:

This guy knows his stuff!  :thumbsup :notworthy
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: JayDub on March 21, 2016, 07:01:07 PM

They do seem very insular. A couple of years ago I dared to advertise our meeting on their site and it basically got thrown off. The site wouldn't allow me to paste "Tigertriple.com" as if it was some sort of plague. :icon_scratch:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Quote from: Nick Calne on March 22, 2016, 10:17:03 PM
Maybe we got a bad reputation... :friday
Due no doubt to sin and Threepot - the badboys  :rrr

Sin_Tiger

:mut

Bad Ass
Bad Back
Bad Knees
Bad Eyesight
Bad Attitude

:headbang

Where's me Cocodamol   :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Funnily enough,I took an 800 xcx out for a test ride today. Along with the new Street Twin :icon_biggrin:
The tiger impressed with ......yes,the engine!  Very responsive,fast,and smooth. Gearbox..very slick. Feel you sit 'on' the bike,rather than 'in',as you do with the 'steamer'. Good suspension and brakes. Overall,a great bike. But,I wouldn't swap one for my 'steamer'! This has 'character',which the new stuff seems to lack? The Street Twin was great fun! Lovely 'grunty' engine! Surprisingly small and compact..easy to ride. Would make a great bike just to go out on,and have a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon,if you know what I mean. :icon_wink: My friend wanted to buy the twin,but all the bikes have been sold! And he'd have to wait until the end of July for the next a allocation! They've even sold them to people who haven't even passed they're test!! Maybe Triumph have underestimated the demand?? Why don't they make these at Hinckley to cater for it :icon_scratch:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

:iagree on all counts, which is why the Steamer still has pride of place  :love10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on March 22, 2016, 10:10:05 PM
They do seem very insular. A couple of years ago I dared to advertise our meeting on their site and it basically got thrown off. The site wouldn't allow me to paste "Tigertriple.com" as if it was some sort of plague. :icon_scratch:

Maybe it's personal??  :mut

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on March 23, 2016, 12:02:31 AM
Funnily enough,I took an 800 xcx out for a test ride today. Along with the new Street Twin :icon_biggrin:

One on each foot like roller skates?
:m

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on March 23, 2016, 12:02:31 AM
The tiger impressed with ......
But,I wouldn't swap one for my 'steamer'! This has 'character',which the new stuff seems to lack?

I never owned a Steamer but knew and know indeed people who have/do. In comparison I thought the character was missing in the 955 but it works so beautifully. The 800 is the same. And, with the XC, they open all sorts of extra riding possibilities.
Like up a mountain in the mist on a trail that hardly exists. :wheel

Or on the "green" lanes of Sussex.  :nap