News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Next project, Steamer racks.

Started by Sparky, February 27, 2016, 07:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Ha ha I did that when you first posted, looks like its bolted to the swinging arm I thought, can't be, blew up the image and could just make out the bracket.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

bemusedinsojo

bemusedinsojo

Sorry for the small photos. I can't seem to figure out how to post larger without the error of "post too large."

bemusedinsojo

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on March 03, 2016, 02:06:21 AM
Sorry for the small photos. I can't seem to figure out how to post larger without the error of "post too large."
get a free photobucket acct
it's so much easier

Nick Calne

...or just use your facebook acct to host pictures.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

fishnbiker

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 27, 2016, 08:50:13 PM
Nice. If I can offer a bit of advice from my own experience of going down this road, the flat bars on the top will vibrate and might even crack the welds to the tube, I'd replace them with light gauge tube.

:iagree with Ssevy, the Mosko Moto stuff is great.

Good luck with the project, always good to see a different take on a need.

Sometimes even the original rack tubing isn't enough. Go as strong as you can engineer. I'm just lucky I had 4 BMW packing straps with me.

I'm also using homemade (on the bike for 12 years now) but from thick wall 5/8 hydraulic tubing. 4 mounting points each side has kept the hard boxes from collapsing into the bike or getting torn off. This is a loooong time ago when they were new. Still straight (again) & strong.

Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Sparky

Thought I should follow this up with pics of the finished racks and some Wolfman bags I picked up cheap from the ADV flea market.

1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

nickjtc

Nice, neat job. Well done. And Wolfman make good bags, too.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Turned out nice, hope they do the job for you  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint