News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel tank

Started by kennyjd, April 04, 2016, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyjd

Another update, Top hat has been made and fitted using JB Weld Marine and has had petrol in for three days and all well so far!! Some pics just to give the general idea of how it was accomplished, Pic 1 is the prototype, 2 shows the 6mm bolt with thin wire used to feed it into place through the filler and pulled into place, pic 3 shows the top hat used and bonded in, last shot shows the finished job, hope that makes sense,regards Kenny.

Sin_Tiger

:thumbsup well done. If it's got a good key and cured properly it should be good. Fingers crossed and hoping for some  :* to give it a good  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

kennyjd

Thanks , will keep the forum informed.

Robnobrakes

1st morning here.  I the tank on my '98 Steamer has sprung a leak near one of the fixing bolts.  It must be a very fine crack.  Do you think JB Weld Marine will sort it out?

ram33

Quote from: Robnobrakes on April 10, 2016, 08:23:03 AM
1st morning here.  I the tank on my '98 Steamer has sprung a leak near one of the fixing bolts.  It must be a very fine crack.  Do you think JB Weld Marine will sort it out?
get the captive nut out (carefully)
fill hole with marine weld
put some grease on bolt and screw onto the nut then push into the hole
unscrew the bolt when it starts to harden but before it sets and leave for a couple of days
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque