News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1999 885i questions

Started by cavi, April 17, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavi

what about the experience with the cee baily?

cavi

On the looks good comment, I don't care too much what it looks like but it has to at least look like it was designed to be there and not be soo big that I look like a Harley wanna be.....

Ron in Buffalo

I have a 1999 885i tiger. I tried to post a picture turn out to an exercise in futility. It has 36000 miles on it. I have put 17000 miles on it in the past 4 years. I tried stock screen it suck. Tried a larger screen from skid Marx it suck more. Tried the washer thing no difference. I cut the stock screen down it was more tolerable but not the quiet pocket I was looking to achieve. I end up putting the Palmer Products windscreen system. Also put a Corbin seat on it. It is the best tourer I have ever own. As far as a additional clutch cable never cross my mind until I read this post. Love my tiger more than I thought I would. Ron

cavi

At this point I love riding the tiger, probably more than my speed tripple, but I will never sell my speed tripple as I love looking at it and just hearing the bark of the exhaust.  I know I could put a louder muffler on the tiger but that is not why I have the tiger.  It is why I have the speed tripple!!!

Dev_1

Cavi, where in NorCal are you? I'm at Travis AFB. Also have 2 Triumphs; 2000 Tiger and 2012 Street Triple R. I definitely know what you mean about the bark of the exhaust... got a little roar from my tiger with a 3-sided Blue Flame can. The tiger is way more comfortable to ride....but the STR is just so damn sexy.

cavi

I am a bit north of you, I am in Red Bluff, about 35 miles south of Redding on the I5.  I really am torn on swapping the exhaust on my tiger.  I would love a nice sound, but at the same time I bought it for a reason....  If you ever get up this way there are some great fireroads!!!  Also, every year an Oakland club sponsors a DS ride from Stoneyford to Fort Bragg and back.  they have two routes, an easy and a hard, the hard is basically for full on dirt bikes with plates and the easy is just fireroads so it is great for a tiger.  I am gathering a couple of other riders (mainly Vstrom riders soo far) to do the ride next year.  This year is sold out, but if you are interested pm me your numbers and Ill keep you in the loop.  I did the ride about 6 years ago, I did a mix of hard way and easy way, I was on a KTM250f bored and stroked to a 350 that was platted.  It was epic, aside from the fact that my backside never hurt soo bad.  I even went as far as to buy a lawn chair cushion in Ft. Bragg to strap to my seat so I could ride back....  Should be much nicer on the tiger.  Only real issue is that they are still in the dark ages and using roll charts...

cavi

At Ft. Bragg during SheetIron ride!!!

Dev_1

That is sweet. I've never ridden dirt (only mtb) and am a bit nervous to...but excited as well. I'll give you a shout.