News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oh no, any Triumph Trained Technicians out there?

Started by Timbox2, April 18, 2016, 05:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Bought this at Fowlers this morning to replace the bent version on my brake pedal, and look, I didnt read the pack before I left.

What to do? Should I risk it? Will my bike kill me If I fit it? Im Hewlett Packard and Cisco Trained, what dy'a reckon :ImaPoser :ImaPoser
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

They are just covering their corporate arses, methinks :icon_wink:

Go on, be a devil and have at it. You're only young once! :thumbsup
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Quote from: nickjtc on April 18, 2016, 06:26:11 PM
They are just covering their corporate arses, methinks :icon_wink:

Go on, be a devil and have at it. You're only young once! :thumbsup

Sorry your wrong, my missus is often telling me how childish I am, and has been for 20 years, and she is always right apparently, but she still hasnt sussed that I keep hiding her phone :ImaPoser  And after turning the ringer off
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Better not speak too loud... Mr. Triumph won't sell you parts in the future. :icon_rolleyes:

nickjtc

Quote from: JoeDirt on April 18, 2016, 06:58:47 PM
Better not speak too loud... Mr. Triumph won't sell you parts in the future. :icon_rolleyes:

I am already on their black list for having the audacity to ask what the wires going into the instrument panel do. :nono

JayDub

Take the risk - but post a how to with pics so everyone will feel safe if they need to do theirs  :qgaraduate

Timbox2

Quote from: JayDub on April 18, 2016, 07:45:16 PM
Take the risk - but post a how to with pics so everyone will feel safe if they need to do theirs  :qgaraduate

I could start a You Tube channel and call it something like Triumph Piss Tech
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

So in all seriousness... does Triumph offer a training course for motorcycle mechanics? :icon_study:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on April 18, 2016, 09:05:44 PM
So in all seriousness... does Triumph offer a training course for motorcycle mechanics? :icon_study:

By EU law, all manufacturers have to offer training to any qualified person and charge at the same rate as their internal charge out. Same goes for special tools.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Hey Timbox2  !! after all this ya better not cross thread it  :icon_eek: :icon_redface: :icon_wink:

:bad

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JoeDirt

I thought Triumph made more "home mechanics" than any other motorcycle.

Timbox2

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on April 20, 2016, 01:19:25 AM
Hey Timbox2  !! after all this ya better not cross thread it  :icon_eek: :icon_redface: :icon_wink:

:bad

KK

Easy to do as well, but no, my new pivot is nicely installed. Think this all started with the bent centre stand bracket. Got a really good rear brake now that I can lock-up if Im not careful
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 20, 2016, 07:38:49 AM
Got a really good rear brake now that I can lock-up if Im not careful

Don't say that too loud.... a Triumph Trained Technician might not approve.  :augie

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...