News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brewdog beer anyone ...???

Started by 19dajudge, April 21, 2016, 05:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19dajudge

To you over the ocean ... ever hear of a craft beer outfit called Brewdog out of Scotland?  Apparently, the US of A bureaucrats have yet to approve its shipment to this country.  Is the stuff any good or just flavored piss-water like you find in many of the cans and bottles over here?

nickjtc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrewDog

Erm, look at the alcoholic content of their products. :bowdown Is there any chance that they would be accepted in the US of A??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

Yeah they are now a chain of pubs over the UK and a brewer of craft beer. Can't specifically recall drinking their stuff, and I really only know about them through work, but they were set up to produce good, proper beer by a couple of guys about 10 years ago.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

They've been a bit of a success phenomena. The beers are good and fortunately we can even get it in some supermarkets, even the food, service and atmosphere in the pubs is good.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

19dajudge

According to its website, it is trying to start a brewery in the US of A.  Not sure if they will get it done.  But, I do want to try the stuff.

Timbox2

These guys were on Jeremy Vine recently, got to hand it too them, basically they lied to the banks to get better deals on loans when they were starting out, like it, some of their own medicine. Tactical Nuclear Penguin sounds fun. 32% Beer  :nap
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I hadn't heard that story but  :thumbsup

They come up with some brilliant names, unfortunately I usually can't remember what I had afterwards  :friday
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I had to go in 5 different pubs today - for work. Forgot to test the brewdog stuff but did have a couple of pints of pale ale...

nickjtc

I would appreciate feedback from those of you who have tried any of the higher alcoholic content beers out there, Brewdog included. Isn't half the pleasure of a good brew being able to sup a few pints with friends in nice surroundings and with interesting conversation?? Without the risk of getting absolutely legless...  Never having tried anything much stronger than 5%, except for a few Old Peculiers in my youth, I wonder if I am missing out on something here.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

Only one way to know for sure Nick... :occasion14

JayDub

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 21, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
I had to go in 5 different pubs today - for work.
Life can be so cruel sometimes... the things we have to do to earn a crust  :icon_cry:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on April 22, 2016, 01:15:19 PM
Life can be so cruel sometimes... the things we have to do to earn a crust  :icon_cry:

:icon_scratch: You get paid to test  :occasion14  :notworthy

Nick Calne

More like I have the capacity to test as I go...

blacktiger

As a share holder I think the beer is superb. Although I've never tried the really strong stuff. Their stuff like "Punk IPA" and those less than 10%abv are quite tasty in a "Craft"beer type way.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on April 23, 2016, 09:52:32 PM
As a share holder I think the beer is superb. Although I've never tried the really strong stuff. Their stuff like "Punk IPA"

:notworthy good man, that's really putting your money where your mouth is. That's the one that seems to be most popular and available in the independent pubs and eateries north of the border.