News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Brakes

Started by Bizi, May 27, 2005, 01:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizi

Hello my friends!!!

My 2005 Tiger sometimes ÏdivesÓ when I try the front brakes and it scares me to hell. Does anyone know a solution to avoid the front ÏdivingÓ?  Is it common for the Tiger? Does anybody ever tried something to change it?

Thanks,

BIZI

jp4evr

If you have not had any modifications to your front springs, this is likely the normal result of a fairly stock plush front spring setup.  

You have a few options of swapping out for progressive springs with a different spring rate or actually modifying the weight of the fluid and perhaps preloading with spacers.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Foxy

There was me thinking front end dive was perfectly normal  :?

If it's that much of a bother buy a Bimmer. Whatever you do don't try an old hack like my Tiger, bouncy as it's front end is.

newmanr19

If you think the Tiger is bad, try riding a KLR some time and grabbing a handful of the front brake; you'll swear the forks collapsed. As others have said, higher rate springs and maybe a heavier weight fork oil will help. The best remedy I have found is to avoid using the front brake on it's own. If it's diving hard; you might be applying too much front brake; try for a 60/40 ratio (or thereabouts) between front and back - and good luck with it.

holland1

I think you need to get accustomed to this type of bike (front  20cm susp.)

probably you had a "normal"road bike like a cbr or something before?

of corse mounting progressive springs ( WP, 250 euro mounted front/aft) improves this
gas is alles

abell

Since it's a 2005, the front end should not dive as dramatically as you seem to be describing. The Tiger is definitely a bike that wants some rear brake use thrown into the equation. The front is inadequate if used exclusively.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona